I am thinking I downloaded the wrong stuff when I got my phone cause it has other languages other than english I went back in and downloaded the version without the French and Spanish. Can I take the 4.5 out of the phone that has the languages I don't need off of my phone then put the other 4.5 with just english back in my phone will that make a difference in my memory??? How can I take the stuff out that I don't need on this current OS I am running in the device??? Then once I do the 4.5 can I put 4.6 in then???
    Thanks
    05-30-09 01:46 PM
    it has other languages other than english ...
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager can be either English only or Multilanguage. The software is the same.

Can I take the 4.5 out of the phone that has the languages I don't need off of my phone then put the other 4.5 with just english back in my phone will that make a difference in my memory??? ...
    I suspect you are confusing BlackBerry Desktop Manger and BlackBerry Device Software. They are two seperate program packages that must be installed to use Applications Loader.

Each BlackBerry Device Software package will contain multiple language sets. Only the selected language, English for most, is installed. The additional languages are never installed and do not use memory.

How can I take the stuff out that I don't need on this current OS I am running in the device??? ...
    Applications Loader, with the correct Device software will do that.

Then once I do the 4.5 can I put 4.6 in then??? ...
    Your CDMA Pearl can only be updated with software specific to the model. At this time, v4.6xx software is not available for your device.

The latest carrier approved software is listed in the sticky at the top of this fourm.
    05-30-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD