I just installed the Blackberry Desktop manager on two new laptops and noticed when rebooting or starting the computer it takes them like 4 minutes to recognize the wireless network and bluetooth. I have to sit there and wait to do anything that requires network activity until it finishes doing whatever it does.

When I uninstalled the Blackberry Desktop manger the computers booted and found the network in less than a minute. What is it about the 4.6 that causes this slowdown? Is there anyway to fix this long delay?

Thank you
    10-07-08 11:11 PM
    Two things you can do. One, use the version of Desktop Manager that does not include Media Manager. Media Manager is responsible for the slow-down you are seeing. Two, don't load Desktop Manager at startup.
    10-07-08 11:49 PM
    thanks for the advice.

I don't currently have it loading at startup. I also checked in msconfig and didn't see anything for rim in the startup. Is there another way to keep it from loading at startup?

If none of these work I will download the one without media manager.

THanks again
    10-08-08 12:17 AM
    You specify the loading at startup option when you install Desktop Manager. I don't know if there's a way to change it after it's installed, other than just deleting and reinstalling it. But you need to do that anyway to get rid of the Media Manager version.
    10-08-08 12:24 AM
    I just installed the non media version and it fixed the problem. THank you so much for the help. This ends a long day of frustration with this.

THanks
    10-08-08 12:49 AM
    You are very welcome. And welcome to the forums! Be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page. Tomorrow. After you've rested!
    10-08-08 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD