Totally new to the BB world - but lovin' it! Tons of good stuff to learn.

My wife got an 8310 Curve last year. Loaded Desktop software on our laptop.
    She doesn't really have anything synced yet per se.
    I just got my 9700 two weeks ago.

How can we both work this?
    Can her Curve be brought up to OS 5.0xxxxx?
    Can the desktop software be shared by two distinct devices?
    Will my desktop software installation overwrite the current installation or install as a separate program?

Any suggestions for one laptop (even though two separtate accounts within Vista HP 64).

Sorry if I overlooked this topic already.
    01-20-10 12:03 AM
    They are great devices and easy to use. So let see, I believe her curve can be brought up to 5.0 when it is released, I have not seen an official 5.0 for the curve yet. I want to say yes on being able to use the DM for two devices, but I might be wrong. I know that when you setup the syncing you can choose different profiles if you use outlook, but not sure about this for two different BB. If you install your desktop software, it will upograde the current version that is on there now. With you having the two different accounts you might be able to do it, but I have not verified myself, other members will be here to help clarify soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 12:18 AM
    Hey Diaz1023,

Thanks for the quick response and encouragment! Will keep eyes and ears open.
    01-20-10 07:05 PM
    Hey Diaz1023,

Thanks for the quick response and encouragment! Will keep eyes and ears open.
    Sorry, but these people are misinformed. The 8310 does not have enough application space [memory] to run OS 5.0.

To date and as far as I am aware the only Curve that might be able to run OS 5.0 is the 8330 as it has 96MB instead of 64MB like the rest of the Curve line.

Please don't pay any attention to Diaz1023 as they most clearly have no idea what they are speaking about.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 01-20-10 at 07:21 PM.
    01-20-10 07:18 PM
    You can use DM for two different devices - unless you selected use for only one when you installed it. In that case delete and reinstall.

01-20-10 07:32 PM
    you can use the same software with both devices not a issue the only issue that would be is if you sync with outlook you would need to do it on two separate accounts on the pc other wise all the contacts would be the same on both devices and the calendars would be the same as well
    01-20-10 07:34 PM
    ...To date and as far as I am aware the only Curve that might be able to run OS 5.0 is the 8330 as it has 96MB instead of 64MB like the rest of the Curve line.

Please don't pay any attention to Diaz1023 as they most clearly have no idea what they are speaking about.
    Aren't the 8350i 8520 8530 8900 also Curves that are able to run 5.0

...or do I also have no idea what I'm speaking about?

01-20-10 07:39 PM
    Aren't the 8350i 8520 8530 8900 also Curves that are able to run 5.0

...or do I also have no idea what I'm speaking about?

I should have clarified for you. Any Curve above the 8330 line will be able to. I suppose common sense was out of the question. My bad.

I guess for the multitudes of people out there that can't utilize common sense I should have said only Curves higher than 8330 in the 83xx series that have more than 64MB. Hope that's a little better.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 01-20-10 at 07:54 PM.
    01-20-10 07:42 PM
    Nicely edited... smartass

01-20-10 08:07 PM
    Nicely edited... smartass

Well, I'm just happy that I didn't offend your sensitivity. Too much of that going on in here these days.
    01-20-10 08:13 PM
    Ok, at the total risk of being a Blackberry Newby and not having the slightest idea where to start learning, i just purchased and received my Blackberry Storm2. I put the disk in my computer hoping it would assist me in learning how to use this wonder of the cellphone world only to find that it is written for the level of people who have had a blackberry before. Go figure... If you could point this old lady in the correct direction so that i can find the correct Desktop manager for my Storm2 and perhaps some instruction on scheduling, i would really appreciate it. Sounds like this phone can do everything except cook dinner when i am late. Thanks again, Lakota Wolf
    01-20-10 08:59 PM
    LOL.
    3C, Phil thanks for the info. I will tip-toe - no! - I will BOLDLY look into this.
    Will keep y'al posted.
    01-21-10 09:04 PM
    You can use DM for two different devices - unless you selected use for only one when you installed it. In that case delete and reinstall.

exelant, thanks for the feedback. Gonna BOLDLY go for it!
    01-21-10 09:06 PM
    you can use the same software with both devices not a issue the only issue that would be is if you sync with outlook you would need to do it on two separate accounts on the pc other wise all the contacts would be the same on both devices and the calendars would be the same as well
    Thanks, noaim.

Nah, no Outlook on this pc. Just wanna make sure I have a back up of contacts, dates etc.
    01-21-10 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD