So I didn't really think this fit into the Storm 2 problem thread because It's more a Device Manager problem or my computer. Everytime I plug my phone in and Device Manager opens up it tells me that there is a 5.0 Core update along with several other updates. I let it go and it's says it updates successfully.

It happens every time. I assumed it was trying to pick up .328 from when my S1 was on my PC. But as far as I can tell I erased all the old files. Where might I have missed one? Any other ideas? Should I unistall/reinstall DM?
    11-04-09 05:30 PM
    This has happened to me just about every day since Ive had the device. Ill plug it in, run DM and get an update. After the update yesterday I unplugged it and did the same thing and it showed there was no update necessary. I was wondering this also. I just figured they are updating everyday as RIM is notified of problems.
    11-04-09 05:33 PM
    Same... and I'm still getting that effing "insufficient USB power" message before it connects. Irritating.
    11-04-09 05:39 PM
    I got that the first time I hooked it up to my computer. I dont get it anymore for some reason.
    11-04-09 05:41 PM
    Are you guys letting it update or skipping it?
    11-04-09 07:04 PM
    I let it update every time. Mmmmm, I love me some updates. I'd hate to run into a problem that could have been avoided by an update. At least that's my thought process anyway.
    11-04-09 07:14 PM
    I'll buy that......kind of like how your car runs better after an oil change.
    11-04-09 07:21 PM
    Joel I have the same problem. It charges fine either by wall or car charger though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 07:23 PM
    I let it update every time. Mmmmm, I love me some updates. I'd hate to run into a problem that could have been avoided by an update. At least that's my thought process anyway.
    Except in this case it really isn't updating anything, it is just wasting your time making you think that it is doing something. Until there is a new OS out it is a complete waste of time to do these "updates"
    11-04-09 07:24 PM
    Except in this case it really isn't updating anything, it is just wasting your time making you think that it is doing something. Until there is a new OS out it is a complete waste of time to do these "updates"
    Considering it takes about 30 sec each for these little updates and I have that much time to spare, I'll let you worry about your busy day and I'll just sit back, relax and let it update. Thanks for your useless input tho. Helpful.
    11-04-09 07:37 PM
    Considering it takes about 30 sec each for these little updates and I have that much time to spare, I'll let you worry about your busy day and I'll just sit back, relax and let it update. Thanks for your useless input tho. Helpful.
    You will be cussing when it removes something that you just updated or installed and I will be sitting here laughing. I have been down this road and this bug has been in the device manager since DM4.5. But I will not bore you with my useless input anymore.
    11-04-09 07:44 PM
    You will be cussing when it removes something that you just updated or installed and I will be sitting here laughing. I have been down this road and this bug has been in the device manager since DM4.5. But I will not bore you with my useless input anymore.
    Quite the contrary, actually. I started this thread looking for someone with some previous experience with this. If you had just told me you had seen this before and not to update because it might erase something I would have thanked you and moved on by now.
    11-04-09 07:55 PM
    I have the same issue with it telling me that there is an update available. I did notice on DM -- HELP screen -- About desktop manager -- Device software --, Its showing the software for my previous phone the pearl. Maybe thats why it thinks it has an available update. I don't know how to change it.
    11-05-09 05:53 AM
    Same... and I'm still getting that effing "insufficient USB power" message before it connects. Irritating.
    I only get that message if i connect my BB to my PC through a USB hub. To fix that, i plug in the hub to the wall outlet and it is fine, or just more to a different USB port that doens't have a hub on it. The hub cannot power a device without being connected to a wall outlet, it can only run small things like mice and keyboards. A BB actually charges off USB, and uses more juice then the hub can output by itself. Connect to a different USB port that isn't on the hub and see what happens
    11-05-09 06:06 AM
    I get that message every time I plug in the 9550 to sync with Lookout or load mp3s. It's annoying as all get out. Not going through a hub, by the way. I just skip it; I figure I'll wait until everyone here starts clamoring about the new OS, then I'll let it run.
    11-05-09 08:04 AM
    I only get that message if i connect my BB to my PC through a USB hub. To fix that, i plug in the hub to the wall outlet and it is fine, or just more to a different USB port that doens't have a hub on it. The hub cannot power a device without being connected to a wall outlet, it can only run small things like mice and keyboards. A BB actually charges off USB, and uses more juice then the hub can output by itself. Connect to a different USB port that isn't on the hub and see what happens
    I am not using a hub. I've synced to my storm when it was on 4.7 countless times without issue. This problem popped up with 5.0 on the Storm, and on my S2.
    11-05-09 10:25 AM
    i noticed my service got a bit more stable after this last one.
    11-05-09 10:39 AM
    It is a KNOWN bug with DM. There are no new core updates, just hit cancel.
    11-05-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD