Awhile back when I had my first BB (Pearl), I attempted to use the DM software to upgrade my OS, which worked fine. However, when I did, I had to re-activate my BES with my Corp IT dept. After that rigamarole, I never hooked my BB back up to DM on my home pc.

I have an 8900 now (awesome phone) and would like to install and use DM to be able to do things like get music from my pc onto my phone, etc. I am leery of hooking up my phone again to DM because when I fire up DM, it throws up a box about using an Outlook profile. If I cancel out of that, am I ok to hook up my phone to my PC? I do not want my home email hitting my BB.

Hope you understand the question but in a nutshell want to use DM without it screwing with the BES setup on my phone. Thanks in advance
    05-23-09 12:26 AM
    I believe that if you cancel anything it tries to do with Outlook, you should be fine. I would wait for a second opinion though, because I could be wrong.
    05-23-09 12:49 AM
    If all you are trying to do is transfer music, photos, videos, etc to your device, you don't need DM to do this. You can just install the usb drivers for the device and then use mass storage mode to transfer everything to your device. As for the outlook profile popping up in DM, this is the auto sync feature. You can disable this by going clicking the Synchronize icon in DM. Then make sure that the box next to "Synchronize the selected items when your device is connected to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager" is unchecked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 01:30 AM
    ArmaK takes takes the save again!
    05-23-09 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD