I think the blackberry desktop manager is worthless. I have worked for days to transfer video to my 8330. It says I need to open my SD card for mass storage. I have tried this and it won't work. It's funny that I can use Mobipocket ebook software I can go right through the phone to the SD card and add ebooks to the card for days. Just plug in the USB cable and it goes to work. Someone needs to follow this software and find something that works for video & photo's, it can't be that hard. I love the phone but I can't believe I have to pull the card out to add a video file!
    01-30-11 03:12 PM
    Could you explain how to get it running. I downloaded it but am stuck at Getting Started. and will this work with blackberry 8330?
    01-31-11 07:25 AM
    thanks for your help, I'll try again.
    01-31-11 08:13 AM
    If you have Mass Storage enabled you should be able to just open My Computer and your BB SD card will be listed as an external drive. You can just drag-n-drop files from your computer to the appropriate folder on your BB without any additional software.
    JB
    Last edited by jbarbero; 01-31-11 at 05:19 PM.
    01-31-11 09:12 AM
    Only if the files are in the correct format.
    Sorry, I was under the impression that the OP was having problems moving files from the computer to the BB. I missed where the OP said it was a format issue. If it is a format issue I use RealPlayer Converter, free and simple to use. Hmm, I reread the post and still don't see where it is a format issue. It still looks like the OP just can't get DM to move the files.
    01-31-11 09:20 AM
    Thanks for the help guys, I did get DM to work by unstalling and reloading 5.0. Seems like the new upgrades are the problem. I had some problems getting Double Twist to run but i'm going to try it again because i'm not that impressed with DM.
    02-03-11 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD