Every time I plug in my new Storm 2, which I traded in my new Android Hero for, Desktop Manager tells me that the Blackberry Core 5.0.0 will be updated and that BBM will be deleted? What gives? I have tried everything, other then a complete format, but no change.

Need your help please and thanks in advance.
    12-21-09 12:37 AM
    hit cancel, its a glitch in DM
    12-21-09 12:45 AM
    hit cancel, its a glitch in DM
    Really that simple and what if your uninstalling a program other than the BBM and the Core update? will the other two along with the program you really want to uninstall be updated?

Thanks again in advance
    12-21-09 01:02 AM
    yeah that is where the problem is. You can get around it but its tricky.

open DM, click application loader, add/remove applications

So now you have a list of stuff

Go down to BBM, click on it, then click 'details' and you can see the location of the file. If you dont want it to get deleted then change the path to it (IE rename the folder the BBM file is in)

I think if you go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.428_P4.2.0.182

and rename the folder "9550AMEA_v5.0.0.428_P4.2.0.182" to something else both problems will go away.
    12-21-09 01:29 AM
    yeah that is where the problem is. You can get around it but its tricky.

open DM, click application loader, add/remove applications

So now you have a list of stuff

Go down to BBM, click on it, then click 'details' and you can see the location of the file. If you dont want it to get deleted then change the path to it (IE rename the folder the BBM file is in)

I think if you go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.428_P4.2.0.182

and rename the folder "9550AMEA_v5.0.0.428_P4.2.0.182" to something else both problems will go away.
    Thanks for the info I will try that. I installed BBSAK and that seems to have gotten rid of the Core issue but it still shows that BBM will be uninstalled.
    I also noticed that two versions of BBM seem to show up in DM. Version 4.7 (something) unclicked and showing not installed and Verison 5. something installed. could there be a conflict?
    12-21-09 01:33 AM
    you have one version of BBM on the PC and another installed it appears. you want the 4.7 to be deleted and the version 5 installed

so yeah there is a conflict. Like i said in the previous post, renaming the folder of where the 4.7 version is might get rid of that
    12-21-09 01:40 AM
    you have one version of BBM on the PC and another installed it appears. you want the 4.7 to be deleted and the version 5 installed

so yeah there is a conflict. Like i said in the previous post, renaming the folder of where the 4.7 version is might get rid of that
    Funny I found a file 9550AMEA_V5.0.0.320_P4.2.0.124 in that location on C and it shows other programs that arn't installed like TexasPoker_V50. etc.alx. I'll try renaming that package to see what happens.

Thanks again for your assistance.
    12-21-09 01:48 AM
    Funny I found a file 9550AMEA_V5.0.0.320_P4.2.0.124 in that location on C and it shows other programs that arn't installed like TexasPoker_V50. etc.alx. I'll try renaming that package to see what happens.

Thanks again for your assistance.
    yep, i hope that fixes the problem
    12-21-09 01:50 AM
    yep, i hope that fixes the problem
    Found the issue. It had something to do with the two versions of BBM. I uninstalled version 5 the most up to date and reinstalled version 4.7. All the issues went away. I will now try to update to MMB 5 again.
    12-21-09 02:19 AM
    12-21-09 02:21 AM
    download OTA will work

www.blackberry.com/messenger

Thanks for your help all is well now. I may call upon you in the future if I have other issues. I've used HP, Sony, and Nokia but no Blackberry. Tried the Hero also but it's buggy.
    12-21-09 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD