I have searched for this answer and have found nothing. I am trying to upgrade my os to the .160 and when I try to connect my 8330 to the desktop manager, version 4.6 which i just downloaded as well, it starts up normally then it just shuts down before the full upgrade is finished, it is only up for about 3 minutes before it just shuts down and goes away off my computer screen. what in the world could this be? I have tried the 4.5 and 4.7 same thing is happening. i have also tried using different usb cables and using different usb ports on my laptop. I am currently running vista on my laptop, can someone please give me some advise, thanks
    06-21-09 11:02 AM
    Will DM 4.6 start before you connect your BlackBerry? When you connect your BlackBerry, does DM show your pin as the connected device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 11:13 AM
    So during the upgrade, the program just disappears from your computer screen?

Does this do anything to the OS on your berry? Do you get any errors on the blackberry itself?
    06-21-09 11:14 AM
    ok, i have a similar problem. when i connect my BB to my laptop... my computer makes the new connection sound to tell me its connected, it installs the device drivers, ans says ready to use... i open up the DM and it starts perfect... but says device connected (PIN): none. i cant get the DM to connect to my phone ??
    07-06-09 01:17 AM
    If you have any other USB devices connected, disconnect them. If you have connecting thru a USB hub, make a direct connection to your PC. Try a different USB port. If none of these steps help, and you are using Windows XP, you may need to reinstall the USB driver for your BlackBerry. You can get the driver from the BlackBerry site, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    07-06-09 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD