Hi guys i recently set a password on my blackberry phone, However when i now go to connect to my desktop manager it asks me for a password ? i have tried my phones password its not that... i have also tried my pin and its not that......

i have tried to go back into the phone and removes the password but it wont let me remove the password... there is a lock symbol on the password enabled..... i can change the password but not disable it any ideas.....

Blackberry desktop version 5.0.1

Network T Mobile UK

V ( Platform )

thanks for any help you can give me....
    04-28-10 05:32 AM
    The lock symbol is letting you know that you can not turn that option off. Is it a work device? If so you probably have a it policy on it and that is why you can not turn off that option. Remember that if you are using a full keyboard or a pearl keyboard you might have just keyed the password wrong.
    04-28-10 05:40 AM
    The password IS the password on your device... make sure you putting in the correct password, sometimes the Alt and Shift key get a bit confusing on your device verses your PC's keyboard... can't think why you'd have a lock on your password enable, except that your might still have it connected to your PC and because you missed a couple of attempts it might consider it locked... just a guess... disconnect your device from your PC and then reboot both, then give it another try.
    04-28-10 05:44 AM
    If you think you use "numbers" as password, in DM you have to actually enter the corresponding "letters". For example, if you set the password as "1234", in DM you actually need to enter "wers". That confused me the first time when I had a password in my BB.
    04-28-10 09:49 AM
    Yeah, the keyboard on the bb is the keyboard on the computer. So w is 1, e is 2, r is 3, etc.

I was confused about this too the first time I tried the desktop manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 09:53 AM
    If it won't accept your password, your are entering it incorrectly.

If you cannot disable it in your BB, you either have a BES policy or you have encryption turned on in your phone. You cannot disable the password if u have encryption enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 12:00 PM