Not sure what happened but I backed up my BB and used the desktop manager to update the OS. THe update was not a success because the BB was not functional. I could not navigate, I could not open any programs, the wall paper does not cover the entire screen. I then tried to do a restore but Im still experiencing the same issues mentioned above.

I will try to reinstall the new operating system unless advised otherwise.

thanks in advance for your help.
    12-03-09 12:04 PM
    IF you have not alrady performed a backup, then do so first. BAckup your data and third party apps.

Then wipe the phone with JLCmdr or BBSAK before installing again.

You may want to use this method instead of DM.

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    12-03-09 12:12 PM
    trying this now. thx
    12-03-09 12:36 PM
    what device you using? did you shrink? what OS are you installing?
    12-03-09 12:40 PM
    Ok, here is some info you might want to consider when you try to install an OS.

1)When you're using the apploader you have to have your simcard in your device and you either have to be connected to BIS or BES.

2)When you want to use DM you have to deactivate your internetconnection and have your simcard in your device and again be connected to BIS or BES

This should solve your problem.

Regards
    Last edited by Delil; 12-03-09 at 01:48 PM.
    12-03-09 01:45 PM
    Ok, here is some info you might want to consider when you try to install an OS.

1)When you're using the apploader you have to have your simcard in your device and you either have to be connected to BIS or BES.

2)When you want to use DM you have to deactivate your internetconnection and have your simcard in your device and again be connected to BIS or BES

This should solve your problem.

Regards
    this is not true at all
    12-03-09 01:57 PM
    lol, wthell
    12-03-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD