Hi All,

Does anyone know where the BB Desktop Manager reads the device phone number from??

I recently changed my phone number on my curve 8530 and everything (that I can see) on the device is displaying the correct phone number. Correct caller ID , my number when I push the green call button and everything! As far as the functioning of my phone, I am having no problems.

However, I just installed BB Desktop Manager (DM) on my PC and upon plugging in my BB, the DM showed my correct model number and PIN, but the phone number displayed is wrong!

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
    08-10-10 06:38 PM
    If you just installed DM 6 that is your problem. Get an older version. I just spent 2 hours with the new DM 6 and it is junk.
    08-10-10 06:47 PM
    Bummer to hear that... I'm not so sure its the DM 6 tho. I've never had any other version of the DM installed on my PC.

When I first plugged in my BB, it read that info from my device so it is stored somewhere on the device itself, it just don't know where or how to access that menu to change it. My guess is its in some config or setting file somewhere that doesn't get updated when you do the ##000000 thing, because when I do that, it shows the right number!
    Last edited by mikeofarabia; 08-10-10 at 06:59 PM. Reason: of = or
    08-10-10 06:59 PM
    I resolved this myself by doing a security wipe and now the correct phone number shows up in DM 6
    08-10-10 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD