Im trying to remove some stock apps from my BB to free up memory but when I go to the application loader in Desktop manager 4.7 it only shows me 3rd party apps Ive installed. I used to be able to see all apps and languages but since updating to 4.7 I cant. Is this a setting I need to change?
    07-10-09 09:10 PM
    Ive reverted back to 4.5 and still the same issue....any ideas?
    07-10-09 10:45 PM
    The same thing happened to me when I went to 4.7.... I also found it annoying so I too went back to 4.5 - however, in my case, it corrected the problem. Not sure what to tell ya.
    07-10-09 11:31 PM
    same issue, need help!
    07-24-09 03:53 PM
    Same solution, pity nobody replied with the fix.

That happens when Application Loader fails to find a suitable device OS installed. One of the main causes of failure is the presence of a security file that is intended to prevent an accidental install of non-vendor authorized software.

The file is located at:

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom and delete the file vendor.xml.

That file is created fresh each time you run a device software install.
    07-24-09 04:30 PM
    same issue.. somebody help...
    07-25-09 12:13 AM
    Same solution, pity nobody replied with the fix.

That happens when Application Loader fails to find a suitable device OS installed. One of the main causes of failure is the presence of a security file that is intended to prevent an accidental install of non-vendor authorized software.

The file is located at:

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom and delete the file vendor.xml.

That file is created fresh each time you run a device software install.
    I'm also having this problem, but no vendor.xml file (removed it a while ago). For me it happens after I use crackmem to remove unwanted system-installed features, such as tmo5; once they are replaced, the system details are shown in dm 5.
    m
    07-28-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD