04-06-11 03:42 AM
111 ... 2345
tools
    Every time I connect my BB Bold to the new desktop 6.0, it changes my home screen to the blue AT&T screen. Does anyone know how to stop this so I don't have to continue to change my homes screen image?
    Check your Clock Optiones (in yor BB) third option down says "When Charging", and make sure to set it as "Display Clock". This should solve your problem.
    08-16-10 12:51 PM
    Installed with no problem, but getting the following error when I try to configure sync:

"Intellisync. Unknown Error Encountered"

All I can do is hit OK. Nothing gets configured.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Same issue here. "Determining the root configuration name..." for a couple of seconds, then the Intellisync "unknown error" dialog. I tried everything - resetting, repair install, uninstall/reinstall, rebooting phone, changing clock settings, and no dice. I even tried most of the "fixes" suggested here in this old thread:
    Intellisync "unknown error" - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I am uninstalling 6 and reinstalling the old version I had, so I can sync my Outlook 2003 calendar like I have been doing for almost a year with no issues. Maybe they'll fix it one day?
    08-16-10 01:06 PM
    I am having **** week here. I had to reload my PC due to some compatibility issues after a Microsoft update download. I just got the new Torch. I downloaded Desktop 6, connected my Bold 9000, backed it up, synced from the phone to Outlook, but couldn't do anything about my apps or the core apps. I have had a problem with my Bold since May, which is why I wanted to switch to the Torch. I can deal with that issue, however, when I try to use the switch device feature and it tells me to connect the new phone, it won't see it. I get a message to connect and when the new phone appears in the list click on it. I connect my Torch, and nothing...... Any Ideas? BTW, if I need to go back to Desktop 5, is there a link for the download? The disc that came with my Bold was 4.something.
    08-17-10 10:33 AM
    I am having **** week here. I had to reload my PC due to some compatibility issues after a Microsoft update download. I just got the new Torch. I downloaded Desktop 6, connected my Bold 9000, backed it up, synced from the phone to Outlook, but couldn't do anything about my apps or the core apps. I have had a problem with my Bold since May, which is why I wanted to switch to the Torch. I can deal with that issue, however, when I try to use the switch device feature and it tells me to connect the new phone, it won't see it. I get a message to connect and when the new phone appears in the list click on it. I connect my Torch, and nothing...... Any Ideas? BTW, if I need to go back to Desktop 5, is there a link for the download? The disc that came with my Bold was 4.something.
    Older versions of DM will not recognize your Torch device, only the latest DM version 5 and DM6 will "see" your phone.

Using the switch device option should work fine with DM6. The disc that comes with the Torch should include DM6 not version 4.x as you say (unless you are using the CD that came with your Bold 9000).

You will NOT be able to transfer some or most of your Apps from Bold 9000 to your Torch, mainly because they use a different version of OS. Your Bold 9000 must be running the original 4.6 OS version or the newer 5.0 version. Your Torch comes with OS6.

Suggestion: make a backup of your data using DM from your 9000 device. Then connect your Torch to the DM (version 6 that is) and restore from your backup the data. Apps install OS6 compatible versions of them....
    My feeling is that you have an OS incompatibility issue..
    Good luck!
    08-17-10 11:05 AM
    Well, there seems to be lots of finds (bad) and no fixes. Why can't I find any official feed back on the issues people are experiencing?
    08-17-10 11:47 AM
    We have three computers and 2 bb's here. Two machines run Vista 32bit with Outlook 2010 32 bit and one runs Win 7 32. BB Curve 8320 and Curve 8530. Both devices synced fine on the Vista machines until DM 6 upgrade. I've tried everything including the clean uninstall and nothing has worked. It will not recognize Outlook as an organizer. So I decided to try it on the Win 7 machine and it worked perfectly. Has anyone else had this experience?
    Finally got this working. Here are the steps I took that seemed to have impact on the issue.
    1. Clean uninstall of all BBDM
    2. Reboot
    3. Registry clean (I used CCleaner Freeware)
    4. Reboot and allow plenty of time for all startups
    5. Run Microsoft Office Repair from add/remove programs
    6. Reboot and allow plenty of time for all startups
    7. Connected my BB BEFORE installing BBDM 6
    8. Install BBDM 6 and follow prompts. When it no longer shows a connected device, disconnect and reconnect, then configure organizer data.

I'm not sure what actually solved my issue but I tried all of them SEPERATELY except connecting my BB before installing BBDM and none of them worked. I did not try connecting BB before installing seperately. It was actually accidental and when it worked on one machine I immediately did my other machine following the same steps and it also worked.

Hope it helps. -Lenox
    08-17-10 12:30 PM
    I will try loading the Desktop Manager that came with the Torch. I just downloaded it from the Blackberry website. I uninstalled BB 6 and reinstalled BB 5 from the Blackberry website. It backed up my 9000 to switch devices, but still didn't find my Torch. I will try your advice uninstall Desktop again, then install with the disc I received with the phone. Wish me luck!!
    08-17-10 02:08 PM
    I will try loading the Desktop Manager that came with the Torch. I just downloaded it from the Blackberry website. I uninstalled BB 6 and reinstalled BB 5 from the Blackberry website. It backed up my 9000 to switch devices, but still didn't find my Torch. I will try your advice uninstall Desktop again, then install with the disc I received with the phone. Wish me luck!!
    It is a fact that the version of DM that came with your Bold 9000 WILL NEVER work with your Torch... Installing DM6 should do the trick!
    08-17-10 03:45 PM
    I installed the DM 6 and the Roxio, which I used a LOT, is gone. Is there a way to get it back?? If not, where can get the old DM version? I'm so irritated right now!
    08-17-10 08:04 PM
    I installed the DM 6 and the Roxio, which I used a LOT, is gone. Is there a way to get it back?? If not, where can get the old DM version? I'm so irritated right now!
    Software Download for BlackBerry Support
    08-18-10 09:01 AM
    Thank you! I did figure out that duh, I can just transfer files via the USB connection. lol But I'll still download that simply because I like the look better. LOL Thanks.
    08-18-10 09:06 AM
    ok is anyone else having issues restoring from their backup file?i have tried several times to load the file both in the full backup process and the selection one and nothing. even when i try a full restore DM doesnt seem to connect to my phone. any ideas?
    08-18-10 05:19 PM
    ok is anyone else having issues restoring from their backup file?i have tried several times to load the file both in the full backup process and the selection one and nothing. even when i try a full restore DM doesnt seem to connect to my phone. any ideas?
    Ive restored a backup with DM6 with no issues. I use Windows 7 and OL2010, both 32 bit versions.
    08-19-10 09:16 AM
    When i go to applications and it reads my device and it doesn't see all my installed apps.
    08-22-10 12:56 PM
    I downloaded DM6 with no issues.
    After initial sync with the usb cable I did a BT sync without any issues.
    It also syncs an add-in (SplashID) that the previous version didn't.

My only gripe is that it takes forever to open on my laptop.
    Ditto here except that I didn't have a previous version of DM installed.

NOTE: When I run the SplashID Blackberry sync (Add-on), it takes over 5 minutes and uses 100% CPU. In comparison, the Applications update (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes) takes less than a minute and uses less than 25% CPU. SplashID is the only Add-on.
    08-22-10 01:17 PM
    Hi...same here...I already sent an email to the people of DataVault..... they responded they will look into it... but no answers yet... I can not find add-ins like in BB DM5..... !!!!!
    Also.. for some reason its synchronizing everytime I conect.... and cant find where to change this.......Its annoying....!!!
    If you have any news about DataVault... let me know... I think I am going back to DM5
    There is a new release from Ascendo Datavault (4.7.1) that is supposed to solve the problem, but it did'nt work for me. All I've is the message: "The procedure entry point Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL 32.dll".

If someone can help it would be good.
    08-25-10 04:50 PM
    Looks like Redirector has been removed and that's a show stopper for me!!

Back to 5.0.........
    I installed 6.0.0.41 but it will not recognize my Storm 2 even though my PC does. All it says is Connect Your BlackBerry Device. This is why I hate updates. They create more problems than they fix. I would like to go back to 5.0 but I don't know how.
    08-26-10 07:56 AM
    I'm having issues with Media Sync.
    I was successfull in syncing additional songs to media from my Windows media player but they didn't bring over the new playlist that I included in the sync. Instead all of the song, artist etc are there individually and not in playlist. So the songs are there but not the new playlist.
    I've done 3 resets.
    Any suggestions?

TIA
    08-28-10 08:26 PM
    I'm having issues with Media Sync.
    I was successfull in syncing additional songs to media from my Windows media player but they didn't bring over the new playlist that I included in the sync. Instead all of the song, artist etc are there individually and not in playlist. So the songs are there but not the new playlist.
    I've done 3 resets.
    Any suggestions?

TIA
    Nevermind,
    I got back onto Media Sync and checked off the new playslist I created.
    Good Luck
    08-28-10 09:13 PM
    I installed 6.0.0.41 but it will not recognize my Storm 2 even though my PC does. All it says is Connect Your BlackBerry Device. This is why I hate updates. They create more problems than they fix. I would like to go back to 5.0 but I don't know how.
    If you wish to go back to DM5 just uninstall DM6, do a registry clean using an app like CCleaner, reboot your PC and reinstall DM5.
    08-28-10 11:41 PM
    Thought I'd share this with you guys.

I created a few new playlist on Windows Media to sync to my Storm2.

After syncing, I discovered that all 1654 songs (1/2 GB) from my library went over to my Storm.
    Needless to say, I would have never attempted this but now all of my tunes are on my Storm. (Still have 1.5 GB free on my sd card so no problem there)

Since the Storm sorts the tunes by playlist, albums, tittles, artist, or genres. I found songs there I didnt know I had.

Anyway, Im a happy camper.

Don't ask me what I did to make this happen because I don't know.
    08-29-10 06:27 PM
    MISSING TWO CRITICAL FEATURES:

1) Minimize to tray

2) Don't redirect when connected
    Yeah seriously what the ****?

I manage BB's for a small company and the ability to sync (shared calendars) in the background (while minimized to tray w/out user input) is a make or break & now it is broken.

RIM can **** the **** off i'm tired of **** like this.
    08-30-10 11:50 AM
    I"m having the opposite problem that many here are reporting I can sync jut fine (at least DM says I've synced), but when I try to backup I get "You cannot save your backup file to <filepath>, please select a folder with write permissions". I do have write permissions to that folder, it is the one I was using for backups in DM5 -- admittedly it is on a file server, but I can't believe that DM can't find it.

I tried mapping a drive to the folder on the file server but that didn't work. As a (Hopefully temporary) solution I was able to back up to directory on my local drive
    Last edited by Tiassa; 08-30-10 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Update:
    08-30-10 01:01 PM
    In DM6 the choices for the Media Synch portion seem to be Music, Pictures, or Videos. I have additional items on my media card, such as documents and ring tomes that I purchased. How do I sync those in DM6?

Thanks
    09-03-10 05:16 AM
    In DM6 the choices for the Media Synch portion seem to be Music, Pictures, or Videos. I have additional items on my media card, such as documents and ring tomes that I purchased. How do I sync those in DM6?

Thanks
    For what I know this cannot be done. This extra data in your media card cannot be synched (it never was in previous versions of DM either). You will have to manually backup that data to your PC.
    09-03-10 11:02 AM
111 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD