Has anyone found the option to "disable message redirection while connected"? I can't seem to find the option anywhere.

Also, when I click on "Applications" in DM6, I get an error stating "List couldn't be loaded, operation was cancelled by user". Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers!
    08-11-10 10:44 AM
    I downloaded DM 6.0 and now Roxio Update Manager keeps trying to install. It gets caught in a loop and I have to use Task Manager to get out of it
    08-11-10 10:57 AM
    Roxio in Desktop 5 is horribly slow and clunky but it can decrypt and transfer not only encrypted photos but any encrypted file from the SD card to your PC. I've just searched the manual for Desktop 6 and the only reference to encrypted info on the SD card is this on p. 26: "When you connect your BlackBerry� device to your computer, you can import any new videos that are on your device to your computer. You cannot import videos if media file encryption on your device is turned on."

The manual doesn't even mention what happens if you want to move encrypted files (other than photos or media) from your SD card. Simply copying them in Windows Explorer results in a *.REM file that can't be opened on the PC.

Is it possible that BB simply abandoned this capability? That would be a stunning, deal-breaking flaw in Desktop 6. Anyone know a workaround or hidden feature here?
    08-11-10 11:19 AM
    I am wondering if there is a BES and BIS version of this software. I will miss the redirector and the non-redirection of mail when connected.

Plus I have run the backup 3 times and in the main window it still says, Never backed up.

Anyone else having that issue?
    08-11-10 12:19 PM
    I am wondering if there is a BES and BIS version of this software. I will miss the redirector and the non-redirection of mail when connected.

Plus I have run the backup 3 times and in the main window it still says, Never backed up.

This is just a BIS version. I have backed up my device and DM correctly displays date and time of last backup done.
    08-11-10 01:24 PM

I am also having this backup issue, plus, it backs up every time I connect it. I even turned off "back up" altogether and it's still backing up everytime...I think I'll uninstall 6 and reinstall 5.
    08-11-10 02:33 PM
    This is just a BIS version. I have backed up my device and DM correctly displays date and time of last backup done.
    I don�t know about that, based on the warning if you are on BES you will have to notify your BES administrator before installing message.

If it is the BIS or only version the missing redirect will tic me off
    08-11-10 03:07 PM
    I am also having this backup issue, plus, it backs up every time I connect it. I even turned off "back up" altogether and it's still backing up everytime...I think I'll uninstall 6 and reinstall 5.
    Did you check under Device-Device Options? I�ve set mine to backup once a week and it�s working so far (Only did one automatic backup so far).
    Only issue here is that the date of the last synch that pops in the main screen of DM does NOT update... Mmmmm.. anyone?
    EDIT: It only updates date and time if you hit the Sync All button... bit of pain this as I always synch Organizer data only and manage my Media manually..
    Last edited by scouts36; 08-11-10 at 04:52 PM.
    08-11-10 04:49 PM
    Installed with no problem, but getting the following error when I try to configure sync:

"Intellisync. Unknown Error Encountered"

All I can do is hit OK. Nothing gets configured.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    08-11-10 09:51 PM
    EDIT: It only updates date and time if you hit the Sync All button... bit of pain this as I always synch Organizer data only and manage my Media manually..
    Same here.

I also find DM6 very slow to open.

Good Luck
    08-11-10 10:17 PM
    Installed with no problem, but getting the following error when I try to configure sync:

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    I was syncing fine with DM5, Curve 8310 under OS 4.5, Outlook 2003, Windows 7. I upgraded to DM6 and like sbudaj when I tried to configure sync I got the intellisync/unknown error. I gave my ID admin rights, disabled user account control, deleted all the directories with my PIN and the one named "intellisynch", ran the repair of the installation, removed my antivirus, disabled power management on the device, verified FULL CONTROL permissions in registry, deleted every trace of DM6 and reinstalled it, all to no avail. Finally I removed DM6 and installed DM5 and it worked just fine. I hope this is a bug that gets fixed soon.

Note: I was saving a bunch of log files but during the deinstallation they vanished. I still have one, a desktop.log if anyone wants it.
    -Dwight
    08-12-10 02:23 AM
    Unable to run it.
    Already install .net framework 3.5sp1 and vc running libary 2008
    08-12-10 02:29 AM
    just been able to download the DM 6...can i have a fresh install of the DM alongside my current DM 5 on the same laptop running vista?
    08-12-10 05:44 AM
    I've installed DM6 twice. Once as an upgrade from my old version, and once as a clean install. In both cases it tried to install two device drivers during the process. The one called BlackBerry Smartphone was successful, and the one called BlackBerry failed. I can see the phone in explorer and can move files back and forth. DM6 cannot connect to the phone. Just sits there and finally I get an application not responding message. I'm running Windows 7 with Office 2010.

Any suggestions?
    08-12-10 07:04 AM

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    I got this same thing. I had the "enter bedside mode when charging" enabled. Once I turned this off I no longer got this and the sync configured fine.
    08-12-10 07:43 AM

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    I had the same problem. I had to completely remove DM5 from my computer, restart my computer, and just to be thorough, restart my BB9630. After all that, I hit the "reset settings" button, then it allowed me to configure everything. Now it syncs without any error messages. It is annoying though, that I had to go through all that
    08-12-10 09:17 AM
    MISSING TWO CRITICAL FEATURES:

1) Minimize to tray

2) Don't redirect when connected
    08-12-10 09:47 AM
    I feel bad....my DM 6, installed earlier this week, seems to work perfectly and with no issues.
    08-12-10 10:08 AM
    I had the same problem. I had to completely remove DM5 from my computer, restart my computer, and just to be thorough, restart my BB9630. After all that, I hit the "reset settings" button, then it allowed me to configure everything. Now it syncs without any error messages. It is annoying though, that I had to go through all that
    Hmmm. After the installation of DM6 it left DM5 on my computer. I wonder if uninstalling it will do the trick?
    08-12-10 10:11 AM
    Hmmm. After the installation of DM6 it left DM5 on my computer. I wonder if uninstalling it will do the trick?
    I had DM 5 installed and just upgraded to DM6, replacing DM5. No error messages. It might be a problem to leave both version of DM installed, I would agree to uninstall DM5 and see what happens.
    08-12-10 10:45 AM
    A few things........I downloaded the new system...but now I have TWO on my computer:

The old Desktop Manager and now one called "Desktop Software" - which is the right one?

The components looks the same but I cannot sync my calendar. It won't let me check the boxes and when I use the configure button, I get a Intellisync error pop-up.

i tried using the old/other version but that one won't work now either.

I am using the Tour 9630 and Windows 7/Outlook
    08-12-10 11:05 AM
    I uninstalled both Desktop systems and reinstalled the new one.

The sync is now working.
    08-12-10 12:50 PM
    Same problem and same fix here......although I didn't have to reboot my phone.
    08-12-10 01:56 PM
    I have a client that has updated their Desktop Manager to the newest software. it prompted him to update their OS, so he did.

He is using a BES service, this service is working correctly. everything i synchronizing properly. However, he is receiving an error message that exchange is not configured on the device.

We have confirmed with his provider that the BES server is receiving information from his device and new mail,contact info and cal are syncing properly.

is there a fix? or a roll back. any information will be helpful.
    08-12-10 03:45 PM
    I downloaded DM6 with no issues.
    After initial sync with the usb cable I did a BT sync without any issues.
    It also syncs an add-in (SplashID) that the previous version didn't.

My only gripe is that it takes forever to open on my laptop.

Good Luck
    08-12-10 08:55 PM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD