I just downloaded the latest version of DM for my 9930 and it doesn't connect, doesn't even see my 9930. Both devices have the latest updates. I'm using Windows XP
    12-17-11 02:38 PM
    Have you installed SP3?

To install BlackBerry® Desktop Software v6.1, you'll need to meet the minimum system requirements listed below.
    Hardware

Intel® compatible 1GHz or higher processor
    512 MB of RAM
    USB 1.1 or higher USB port
    Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater

Software

Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7
    If you're using a 64-bit Windows XP computer, you must install the following hotfix: Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP clients cannot obtain certificates from a Windows Server 2008-based certification authority (CA) if the CA is configured to use SHA2 256 or higher encryption.
    Microsoft® .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or an active Internet connection
    iTunes 7.7.1 or later or Windows Media® Player 10 or later for music synchronization
    BlackBerry - Desktop Software System Requirements
    12-17-11 02:48 PM
    Try a different usb port

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-11 03:20 PM
    Laura,
    Desktop 7 will not work. It refuses (and this is the third removal and reinstallation)
    PC Vista 32 bit home premium with the newest desktop that supposedly works to backup Torch 9810.
    I am unable to remove it this time as error 1316 'a network error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\installer\blackberry desktop software.msi'
    I have done a clean reload of Vista and have NO other problem with any other function.
    The main issue was that the old desktop software would recognize the phone every time I backed it up. Now, desktop does nothing and I can't remove it because of the msi issue.
    The attempt to repair desktop was a real failure, so I was attempting to do a clean install and try.

Any help appreciated-

gene
    06-18-13 04:58 PM
    Does your computer make the ever so famous, Ding Ding, when the BB is plugged in?
    06-18-13 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD