I just downloaded the latest version of DM for my 9930 and it doesn't connect, doesn't even see my 9930. Both devices have the latest updates. I'm using Windows XP
    12-17-11 02:38 PM
    Have you installed SP3?

To install BlackBerry Desktop Software v6.1, you'll need to meet the minimum system requirements listed below.
    Hardware

Intel compatible 1GHz or higher processor
    512 MB of RAM
    USB 1.1 or higher USB port
    Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater

Software

Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7
    If you're using a 64-bit Windows XP computer, you must install the following hotfix: Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP clients cannot obtain certificates from a Windows Server 2008-based certification authority (CA) if the CA is configured to use SHA2 256 or higher encryption.
    Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or an active Internet connection
    iTunes 7.7.1 or later or Windows Media Player 10 or later for music synchronization
    BlackBerry - Desktop Software System Requirements
    12-17-11 02:48 PM
    Try a different usb port

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-11 03:20 PM
    Laura,
    Desktop 7 will not work. It refuses (and this is the third removal and reinstallation)
    PC Vista 32 bit home premium with the newest desktop that supposedly works to backup Torch 9810.
    I am unable to remove it this time as error 1316 'a network error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\installer\blackberry desktop software.msi'
    I have done a clean reload of Vista and have NO other problem with any other function.
    The main issue was that the old desktop software would recognize the phone every time I backed it up. Now, desktop does nothing and I can't remove it because of the msi issue.
    The attempt to repair desktop was a real failure, so I was attempting to do a clean install and try.

Any help appreciated-

gene
    06-18-13 04:58 PM
    Does your computer make the ever so famous, Ding Ding, when the BB is plugged in?
    06-18-13 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD