Right I downloaded the 5.0 beta and installed it to my pc. I have also uninstalled 4.6 from the PC. When I go to application loader and choose to update, it can only find 4.6 on my pc?
    How is this considering its uninstalled and 5 is installed?

Cheers
    10-05-09 08:22 AM
    Because its a beta, DM won't recognize it. But AppLoader.exe will. So uninstall the old Bold OS software, and let AppLoader.exe do the rest. Just be sure to back up your stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 08:26 AM
    Right loaded up Application loader and got to where it wants you to choose what to add to your phone. It says it cant find anything so I click the "add" button. Where is the OS installed to so I can tell it look there?

Cheers
    10-05-09 08:40 AM
    The loader.exe file can be found at C:/Program Files/Common file/Research In Motion/ Apploader.

Remove all other os's, other than the one you want to install, from the pc - delete vendor.xml file - Connect bold to pc - double click the loader.exe file. This will initiate the os loading process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 08:43 AM
    Thanks very much, sorted it...I hadnt deleted the vendor.xml file

Cheers
    10-05-09 08:48 AM
    I had the same problem with installing OS 5.0, I read somewhere on here that you had to disconnect from the internet if you were running DM 4.6 and greater or something along those lines. But it was doing the same thing for me after I deleted the vendor.xml file, it was still reading OS 4.6 and once I disconnected the internet it was showing 5.0. So if the problem continues, you can try disconnecting the internet.
    10-05-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD