I have been trying to transfer a movie to my storm via the desktop manager and it will only display my "device memory", not, media card. Is there any way to rectify this?

I download the movie to my laptop, drag and drop it onto my desktop manager in Roxio, but, then to add it to phone all it allows me to do is add to the device memory (1GB), not the media card. Arrrgh.

Can someone assist me on this?
    05-05-09 02:12 PM
    Do you have anything else on this media card or did you just install it? Also try going to options/media card and enabling mass storage mode. Check to have it automatically enable mass storage when connected. Now you dont need roxio. Just plug the device in and go to my computer it will show up like a flash drive. Drag and drop the files you want.
    05-05-09 02:15 PM
    I pulled it and put it back in. That's it. I will drag and drop directly. Thanks for the help.
    05-05-09 02:18 PM
    Your welcome. Glad you got it.
    05-05-09 02:20 PM
    One more question. Now will that add the vid to my device memory or media card?
    05-05-09 02:25 PM
    Doing it the way I showed you will only put it on the media card. Device memory is not accessible via the pc that way.
    05-05-09 02:31 PM
    I just added a movie, then checked it's location under the videos properties. It stated that it was on the device memory and not media card.
    05-05-09 02:36 PM
    What you noted was what I thought it would do but it didn't. If I had hair it would be pulled right now...lol
    05-05-09 02:37 PM
    DO you think I need to reformat the card?
    05-05-09 02:38 PM
    Format the card again. options/media card hit menu then format. Also make sure that you have the media card options configured for mass storage.

Now that I think about it..that may be your problem because I think (could be wrong) that you can see some directories of your device memory on the storm. Hopefully another storm user will confirm that.
    05-05-09 02:42 PM
    That's the crazy thing. I can see the info for my memory card (on phone that is not via PC). It even tells me how much memory I have. I was about to format it but I have pics I don;t want to lose.
    05-05-09 02:48 PM
    Hmm, and when you have it hooked up to your pc all you see is one blackberry folder?
    05-05-09 02:52 PM
    Ok after digging around I found some things out. I guess theres supposed to be blackberry1 and blackberry2 that show up under my computer. 1 is internal and 2 is media card. I found that another user suggests to have mass storage on but not have it automatically enable. Set the auto part to prompt so it shows up on the screen when you plug it in. Give that a try
    05-05-09 02:57 PM
    When I hook it up to my pc and go under "computer" under start. I have the icon for the phone. I drag vid to there and it automatically goes to the device memory. Now when I remove it from the pc I can see and access the info (ie; pics, music) that is stored on my media card.

Now when I click into the icon while it is hooked up to the pc I see various folders such as; appdata, applications, dev, home, system, etc. However I don't see anything that has to do with the media card.
    05-05-09 03:01 PM
    Yea sounds like you are going into device memory. Unplug the device and go back to options/ media card
    You have the support: ON?
    Mass Storage: ON?
    Connected: Prompt?

If so turn them off then back on and do a soft reset.
    05-05-09 03:03 PM
    When I changed the Mass Storage mode to prompt or off. It gave me an icon of a phone as opposed to the "storage drive" icon. Clicked on the phone icon under my computer and it gave me two other icons one for the device memory and one for the media card. It would only allow me to "store" the file on the media card if I drag and dropped it. Not play it.
    05-05-09 03:11 PM
    will try resetting.
    05-05-09 03:13 PM
    What do you mean it only allows you to store it but now play it? Are you trying to play it while the storm is plugged in.
    05-05-09 03:20 PM
    No that's the message it gave me when I drag and dropped it into the media card. It stated that it would only allow me to "store it". Crazy I know but that is what it said.

Just did did soft reset and switched notifications on/off/off. Drag and dropped it again...STILL into device memory.

I have gotten absolutely zero work done today in the office...lol...

The icon under My computer does say "blackberry1" but I didn't see a "blackberry2"
    05-05-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD