So I'm trying to downgrade one of my user's 9650's from OS6 to 5.0.0.1006 since 6 isn't compatible with some stuff I need to load onto the phone. Anyway, my desktop manager is not finding .1006 after I installed it in the downgrade list when I plug the phone in. I tried downgrading to .975 hoping maybe it would show up then but with no luck. Finally I unistalled everything RIM related and deleted everything RIM related from my machine and just reinstalled what I needed to get this done (DM, smart card reader sw, and .1006 sw) still with no luck. I did confirm .1006 is installed too buy looking under Help>About BBDM>Device Software. So anyone have any ideas why I can't find it?

Thanks!
    04-13-11 12:16 PM
    I believe 1006 was only available OTA. The purpose was to allow an OTA update to OS6 which you could not do from 975.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by i_hiker; 04-13-11 at 12:31 PM.
    JCAnthony likes this.
    04-13-11 12:23 PM
    I believe 1006 was only available OTA.

iHiker is right, VzW never 'officially' released it. OTA only
    you'd have to choose .975 to downgrade back to.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 04-13-11 at 01:40 PM.
    04-13-11 12:31 PM
    So at the risk of sounding like an *****, what does OTA mean?
    04-13-11 12:46 PM
    Over The Air. Not a reliable way to update your OS. Takes much longer, as well.

04-13-11 01:32 PM
    Thanks!

Just as an update, I was able to get it updated with .1006 using DM. After talking to another guy who works on blackberries at my company he told me to delete the Vendor. Xml file located in C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader.

Did that and it worked.

Thanks again for the help too!
    04-13-11 01:38 PM
    Over The Air (OTA) installation of OS's has also cause some of the files to not load correctly.

On another note, everyone (at least that I have talk to) who has had both .975 and .1006 has said that .975 is a much better OS.
    04-13-11 01:38 PM
    Skyboxer is right, VzW never 'officially' released it. OTA only
    you'd have to choose .975 to downgrade back to.
    Skyboxer? Did I miss that post? lol
    04-13-11 01:39 PM
    Thanks!

Just as an update, I was able to get it updated with .1006 using DM. After talking to another guy who works on blackberries at my company he told me to delete the Vendor. Xml file located in C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader.

Did that and it worked.

Thanks again for the help too!
    Glad you got it working! Just for future reference it is a good idea to state what carrier you have. It makes it easier to know if you need to do something like delete the vender.xml file.
    04-13-11 01:41 PM
    Over The Air (OTA) installation of OS's has also cause some of the files to not load correctly.

On another note, everyone (at least that I have talk to) who has had both .975 and .1006 has said that .975 is a much better OS.
    I would have just stayed with .975 but I work for the Air Force and they said it had to be .983 or higher for 9650s. Also I will mention the provider next time, thought I did originally.
    04-13-11 01:45 PM
    I would have just stayed with .975 but I work for the Air Force and they said it had to be .983 or higher for 9650s. Also I will mention the provider next time, thought I did originally.
    Gotcha, if the Air force says you need .983 or higher then that's what you need. I hope I didn't sound pushy in letting you know it's best to give as much info as possible, just trying to make it easy for everyone.
    04-13-11 01:53 PM
    omg!!! LMAO!! this is hysterical

Sorry, P1nk, he got you there....poor I_hiker
    04-13-11 02:27 PM
    omg!!! LMAO!! this is hysterical

Sorry, P1nk, he got you there....poor I_hiker
    LMAO!!! I know!! i screwwwwed up! LMAO! I realized it after when i went back to the thread....i was like 'Oh ****e!'

sorry iHiker! I did fix it
    04-13-11 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD