I've seen a couple threads in here about this, and I've tried the suggested fixes, but so far no luck.

I'm on a Curve 8330, both BB and DM are v. 4.5. Connecting to DM through USB is not working. I get the charging icon for about 5 seconds, then it disappears. DM keeps saying it's disconnected and there is no PIN.

It's not the cable - tried another BB and it was fine. Not the USB ports (that I can tell). I'm not even getting the hardware manager icon in my toolbar. It did happen when we tested the other BB. Clearly the problem seems to be my BB.

It charges via the AC adapter, and I checked that the Media Card/Mass Storage support is on.

Can the mini USB port be damaged so that it charges but so that the DM doesn't register?

I tried rebooting, battery pull, etc. This all worked fine the other day. The only thing I can think of, other than a damaged minu USB or a BB setting I missed, was that I disbaled Bluetooth earlier and inadvetently disconncted my mobile connection. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Is there a USB setting in Options I missed? Thx.
    09-22-09 06:33 PM
    Same problem I have! I talked to a verizon sales rep today, she suggested I take BB, USB cord and charger in to verizon store to have a tech person look at it. Just have to find time to go in! Good luck, be sure to post if you figure out how to resolve problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 05:46 PM
    I had the same problem. Drove me crazy. Two different solutions worked.

First solution is to do "clean reinstall" of DM.
    How to Perform a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community.

If that doesn't work, use BBSAK to do a factory reset on the blackberry. This resets all your settings and erases all your personal data. If you have data you want to keep, but don't already have a backup through DM, then you can back it up OTA through smrtguard or a similar program.
    09-25-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD