I just installed an update from BB desktop manager and lost alot of stuff on my phone. it took forever to boot up and now i have no service (it says OFF) and all the fonts are enlarged. All my text are gone and alot of apps r gone to. I tried to restore it and it said 25 missing databases... what is going on?
    01-22-10 09:33 PM
    Did you do a back up prior to the upgrade? Personally I would never install via a direct install. Way to many variables.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 09:52 PM
    +1 on always backing up before doing anything major like an OS upgrade.

Look for a loaderbackup.ipd file on your computer. Do a search for *.ipd on your computer, make sure to do an Advanced search an include hidden and temporary files.
    01-22-10 10:21 PM
    That's supposed to happen.. Try to do a little more research before doing anything drastic to your BB.
    01-22-10 10:45 PM
    As far as the "off" problem you just need to turn the radio back on. Go to manage connections and turn it on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 11:54 PM
    K thanks. and yeh i should have done my research but i saw the thing bout boost mobile 5.0 OS and i got excited even tho i have verizon and i was kinda confused when my desktop manager said there was an update so i went for it
    01-23-10 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD