I know that my BB Tour needs an OS update. It says one is available in Wireless Update, however when I try it, the update fails and tells me to do it through Desktop Manager. When I connect my Tour to my Mac, Desktop Manager never tells me one is available even though I'm still on 4.7.1.

Is there any way for a check for updates? When I select that option in the menu it only tells me that my version of Desktop Manager is up to date.

Thanks.
    04-03-10 01:05 PM
    I have a macbook and there is an update for the Storm 2. Tried updating to the latest software, went thru the steps and the old software was still on phone. Tried it on a windows pc and worked perfect. I'd like to know the answer is well since my pc finally got trashed and I have no choice but to use the mac.
    04-08-10 08:19 AM
    I am having the same problem! Part of my email stopped working a while back when I first installed the 5.0 update that I got from my desktop manager. I finally decided to downgrade back to 4.7 and found I still had the same problem. I reinstalled my email and that fixed the problem. I went to upgrade again and that version is no longer on my desktop manager and it says that 4.7 is the latest update.

I called Sprint and the told me to uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop manager. I did with no luck. I also downloaded the 5.0 update straight from the Blackberry website but it is a PC file so my Mac wont open it. The desktop software won't open it either. I tried to find tech support on the blackberry website but it is only for those who have servers. I can't really think of anything else to try!!!!

Does anyone out there work for blackberry? It's like the 5.0 update was pulled. I am sooo frustrated!!!!
    04-11-10 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD