I have a pc. My powers been out since thursday due to a freak snow storm in dallas.

I just backed up and loaded 5.0 onto my device.
    But for some reason I cannot get any of my memos/notes to reload... Or old sms, mms.. Calendar and many other things but those being the most important.

Will there be a fix for this?

The file is .bbb and I'm wondering if I can convert that into a file for the pc version of desktop manager... So that maybe when the power comes back on I can attempt saving my life aka blackberry info.

Anyone else having similar issues with mac or pc desktop manager and the new OS 5.0 on sprint?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 05:27 PM
    Somehow I failed to mention that I used the mac version of desktop manager to load the new OS 5.0 onto my sprint tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 05:29 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. Is there something wrong with the Mac? Was it damaged during the outage? If you have the backup on the Mac, why would you be unable to use it to restore?
    02-13-10 05:41 PM
    my PROBLEM: updating to the new 5.0 software on a MAC with the new MAC desktop manager. it did NOT want to load the remaining items no matter how many times i tried. Notepad, old sms, old mms ETC.

my FIX: open your backup file (which on mac is .bbb) onto A PC > Simply rename .zip (instead of .bbb) > unzip w/ winzip or whatever your extractor happens to be > Open up Desktop Manger for PC > go to Backup and Restore > go to restore > find your .IPD file within the newly extracted folders > load !
    02-15-10 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD