i just recenty purchased a Mac book Pro and inserted by Blackberry user Tools disc to install the software on my Mac.. but the software would not auto run..anyone who is using a mac and a blackberry.. please help ? I need to insall the desktop manager on my Mac

nirav
    08-21-09 06:17 AM
    There is currently not any support for desktop manager and macs, it is currently in development and should be released soon. For now, its a program called PocketMac, which in my opinion, isnt worth working with. Hopefully dm for mac is released soon, i would like it too.
    08-21-09 07:18 AM
    Desktop Manager for Mac is going to be released in September if you can wait for a few days. Otherwise install PocketMac.

More info: BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac
    08-21-09 07:50 AM
    I can't wait. I hope it's a true mac-ready application and not some band-aid like pocketmac.

Everytime I sync my Tour with my MBP it duplicates all my contacts. I now have a 6 or 7 copies of each of my contacts on my Tour despite not allowing duplicates and having the computer overrule the device.

Is there an easy way to completely wipe all the contacts from the blackberry and start over?
    08-25-09 07:56 AM
    Am I the only one who thinks PocketMac sucks and simply cannot upgrade until the BB <==> Mac sych is feasible?

I know, I know September and September and September and...

And if and when the promised Desktop Manager for Mac is available, what would be the OPTIMAL hardware combo...both from the BB and Apple perspectives?

And thoughts on yahoo v. google email would also be nicenicenice.

Thank you,

L
    08-25-09 12:09 PM
    nothing is going to be better than the desktop software they are about to release!!
    08-25-09 02:30 PM
    Why don't we take this discussion to our Mac Users Sub Forum.
    08-25-09 02:35 PM
    Weird that Mac would release something for BB considering they've been so Elitist with all their proprietory software in the past...
    08-25-09 02:35 PM
    I stopped using PocketMac a few weeks ago. Just won't sync my bb til dm comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 03:13 PM
    I've read that Sept. should be the release date for the BB mac desktop compatibility. I'm guessing that the new Storm2 release in Oct. should have this?
    08-26-09 07:00 AM
    If the release date of October is accurate yes it should have it.
    08-26-09 07:02 AM
    I can not wait for this to come out. My Mac is in desperate need of this!
    08-26-09 07:06 AM
    Weird that Mac would release something for BB considering they've been so Elitist with all their proprietory software in the past...
    RIM is releasing Desktop Manager for Mac soon.
    08-26-09 07:23 AM
    Am I the only one who thinks PocketMac sucks
    Nope. I downloaded it a few years ago and thought 'what's the point of this?' and then deleted it. My kids have a pc now, so I've upgraded my OS using DM but, I've had a BB for so long w/o synching that I'm not sure how much I'll use it once I'm able to.
    08-26-09 11:25 AM
    I was using Missing Sync, but right now i'm just syncing on my HP netbook until DM for OSX comes out. I just hope it works good with Snow Leopard
    08-27-09 09:51 AM
    RIM is making the software but, as you remember the big APPLE and PALM fight with the pre and iTunes syncing. Rumor has it that iTunes 9 will allow any mp3 player. Sounds only smart for Apple since 25% of all legally downloaded music comes from them. Why wouldn't they want more money!!
    08-27-09 09:36 PM
    has anyone found out if DM for OSX will run on PPC machines or just Intel?
    08-28-09 07:47 PM
    has anyone found out if DM for OSX will run on PPC machines or just Intel?
    The website only says "OS X 10.5.5 is required," so I don't know for sure, but it definitely do not say Intel only.
    08-28-09 11:50 PM
    RIM is releasing Desktop Manager for Mac soon.
    So do we have anymore information than just "September" It's 2 days until September and I have Snow Leopard and I'm waiting for my DM
    08-29-09 11:54 PM
    same I'm just waiting.
    08-30-09 06:18 AM
    So just rumors, no official statement or date?
    08-30-09 12:16 PM
    So just rumors, no official statement or date?
    Yeah, we don't have any insiders around here that can give us some more news? September could turn out to be the longest month of our lives for us Mac & BB addicts.
    08-30-09 04:12 PM
    We want desktop manager for OS X !
    08-31-09 02:05 AM
    RIM is making the software but, as you remember the big APPLE and PALM fight with the pre and iTunes syncing. Rumor has it that iTunes 9 will allow any mp3 player. Sounds only smart for Apple since 25% of all legally downloaded music comes from them. Why wouldn't they want more money!!
    Because they make the most of their money out of iPods/iPhnes and not music sales figure?
    08-31-09 05:44 AM
    Yeah, we don't have any insiders around here that can give us some more news? September could turn out to be the longest month of our lives for us Mac & BB addicts.
    Agreed and seeing the screen shots of it is just cruel!
    08-31-09 02:22 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD