I have 8900 with BIS and my desktop manager keeps setting my firewall on my bb to locked to enabled.
    I can get rid of it but I have to do a factory reset and for what ever reason it enables it again when i sync it back to my bb to my DM.

Anyone have any clues why?

I uninstalled all my BB windows apps and reinstalled them from scratch.
    10-09-09 03:05 PM
    i have been having trouble with the firewall on my laptop since installing the manager on it?????? colud this be related?
    10-09-09 03:36 PM
    I can fix this for you but I am on WAP right now. You need to find a file on your PC called policy.bin and delete it. There is also registry wntry that points to policy.bin. You must delete that too.

The file should be located at C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Open up Regedit (Start > Run and type regedit). Locate and delete the key HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager\C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

The PC is now clear and will not cause problems again.

Search CrackBerry for CrackUtil http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/ download and install it. Now DO A BACKUP of your phone. Use CrackUtil to remove the IT Policy from your phone.

When the phone comes back to life, it will be free of the Firewall lock but you may have to restore your data from the Backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 05:13 PM
    thanks let me give this a try.
    10-10-09 03:41 PM
    Hi guys.. i did that and all went ok. I Uninstalled all RIM Softwares on my PC and used CCleaner tu cleanup the registry. Installed DM 4.7 and NO IT POLICY and NO RED LOCK ICON!. Thanks
    10-29-09 12:22 PM
    it asks me for a password, i dont have one so i hit ok, and it says file access denied. Can anyone help me with this?
    Im using a 9530 btw. No bes.
    12-30-09 04:43 AM
    [QUOTE=Pete6;3782935]I can fix this for you but I am on WAP right now. You need to find a file on your PC called policy.bin and delete it. There is also registry wntry that points to policy.bin. You must delete that too.

Open up Regedit (Start > Run and type regedit). Locate and delete the key [

The PC is now clear and will not cause problems again.

Pete 6 - Help
    Tried to clean the file as instructed but could only find the policy.bin file to delete. Cant fins the file pointing to it so expect the issue when I restore is due to that as the firewall remains locked. I am using XP. Appreciate any help or advice

Thanks Ricky Rick
    01-03-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD