I have a storm phone and have tried to install DS. on my computer 3 times now. It gets all the way to the end and says there was an error and then erases all the program and quits. I am trying this with a computer that has vista on it, is there a problem with this program and vista? Any help, any ideas?
    12-07-09 07:34 PM
    I am running Desktop Manager 5.0.1 on my Vista PC. It installed without any errors. I'm unaware of any problem with Desktop Manager and Vista.
    12-07-09 09:57 PM
    Absolutely no problems with DM and Vista. Now be sure to install either 4.6 , 4.7 or the latest 5.x version of DM.

If you still have problems there must be a running service or application that generates the unexpected ending of the installation program.

Vista has been in the market for quite a while now and all recent DM versions are fully compatible with it.

Once again, check running services, such as Roxios (if you are installing DM with media manager and already have Roxios Easy Creator) .

Good luck!
    12-08-09 08:12 AM
    Go to vzam.net/blackberry
    and dwnld the new DM
    12-08-09 09:11 AM
    Was trying the 5.01v and would get a critical error at the end. Am trying to download it again to see. Also dont have roxio or anything like it installed on my computer. Will see what happens this time. Thanks for all the help and will let you know how it goes.
    12-09-09 07:05 PM
    I tried to install DM to my laptop and I got an error also. So, I went to the RIM site to get updated drivers

Software Name: Desktop Manager 5.0.1 B49 Multilanguage - With Media Manager
    File Name: 501_b049_multilanguage.exe
    Download Size: 258.503 MB
    Published Date: 11/23/2009

When I clicked "download" I got this error

This type of file can harm your computer. Are you sure you want to download 501_b049_multilanguage.exe? Save or Discard

Is this alright... what should I do?

I want to connect my BB to my laptop through bluetooth and it tells me that I need to install the driver.

I'm just trying to send a picture via bluetooth and my BB says transfer failed.
    12-10-09 09:49 PM
    It is safe to install the DM download file. If you have several pictures to move, using the USB cable and Mass Storage Mode may be simpler and quicker than Bluetooth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 10:04 PM
    Thank you. I answered save to the question and it is downloading now.
    12-10-09 10:12 PM
    i dont get error but when select to download from official site it is not caming extension exe nider the 501_b049_multilanguage.exe
    it is saved same qikdownlode.do file wich vista cant opane
    if i do it with win exploer sending me back to link
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/quickdownload.do

in 2 words going raund from link downlode a link and no *.exe in any cinde so to instal desktpo meneger

i have curve 8900 and vista on new fujitsu simens laptop

wath to do??????????
    01-17-10 04:17 AM
    The download link you are using is invalid for me, maybe because I'm in North America. Try going to BlackBerry - Smart Phones - Discover the BlackBerry Smart Phone Lifestyle, select your country and carrier, and see if you get to a different download site. The Desktop Manager download should be an exe file anywhere in the world.
    01-17-10 08:45 AM
    i've tried to download the dm multiple times from the site.. older versions to newer ones for my curve.. i now have the bold.. i just tried to download it off the disc, as soon as it reads the disc it says "driver blocked" then when i try to actually click install it says "the wizard has been interrupted before blackberry desktop manager could completely install..." WTH.
    01-21-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD