I'm not sure where to put this thread, it's about Desktop manager, but I didn't see an appropriate forum for that..
    I've got reallly old backup files from more than 2 years ago, back when I had my pearl. What's really aggravating is that Windows 7 and XP tell me that I'm a moron and that I can't delete these files, or open them, even though I've set myself as owner and administrator. Is anyone else having this issue, or know of a way around it? I just wanna clear these files without having to format my backup drive.
    Thanks in advance.
    11-11-09 11:30 PM
    I've given the 'authenticated users' account full control to read/write the files, even the root folder. It doesn't want to work. -.-
    11-11-09 11:43 PM
    Open a Command Prompt window (Start>Run type in cmd and Enter). Change directory to where the files are and del them. The Windows OS is a PITA when it doesn't want to delete things. Thank God there is still a DOS level delete available. It will let you whack anything as long as it isn't corrupt or infected.
    11-12-09 05:29 AM
    Many thanks, cad. Worked fine, after I figured out which commands to throw at it.
    Anywho, I'll figure out how to either delete this post or mark it as solved. Thanks again.
    11-12-09 03:03 PM
    Sweet! Glad to be of help.
    11-14-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD