I take it that Blackberry must have contacted Adobe for help on designing the installation program for the Desktop Manager.

I'm from the US and have Verizon. I've tried the Verizon software, I've tried Blackberry site's software. I've installed and uninstalled according to Blackberry's instructions 4 times. I've registered "regsvr32 atl.dll". I've installed "scripten.exe". My McAfee virus scan is off- no script stopper running. I highly doubt that my InstallShield folder is corrupt, as I can install any other piece of software in the universe.

The Desktop Manager version is: 4.3.0.17 and I'm running XP Professional, SP2

Here's the 4 error messages I get:

1904.module c:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\IS71\Connectors\Isgroupwise6.5.X \Gw.dll
    Failed to register, Hresult- 2147220473

1904.module c:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\IS71\Connectors\Isgroupwise6.5.X \GwApi.dll

1904.module c:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\IS71\Desktop Setup- pb.dll

1904.module c:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\IS71\Action Engine\SyncAe.pb.dll

Anyone?
    06-09-08 12:41 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Failed to register suggests it is a registry error as opposed to a failed write to disk.

Mine file manager shows Gw.dll where indicated, but no match in Regedit.
    06-09-08 01:46 PM
    All I know is that the disc that came with my Sprint 8330, gave me the same exact errors. I spent many hours on the phone with BB support, and countless install/uninstalls, and the only thing that worked was using 4.2 sp2 from the BB website. It installed without errors, BUT no Media Manager (and yes, I d/l the right one w/ MM) I still get the error when trying to install new apps in app loader too. IDK? Sorry I could not be of more assistance. The BB tech said it maybe a hardware conflict or something on my computer, but never had issues before.
    06-09-08 04:10 PM
    I've seen similar threads to this. I'm sure if you search you can find a couple of them. I don't have time to look for them myself at the moment.
    06-09-08 04:20 PM
    I am getting the same registry error. I am running windows Vista...does anyone know if the operating system of the computer could be the issue?
    06-09-08 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD