Ok so maybe this issue has already been addressed but I can't find an answer. When I try to install any version of the desktop manager I get the same error on my laptop. So I know it has something to do with the my computer. The error I get is 1606 cannot connect to a network location %APPDATA%/ I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I turned off all the security settings but I still get this error. Any ideals? Thanks
    05-14-10 05:10 PM
    Are you connected to the internet when you run the install?
    I had trouble with DM until I ran it while connected to the internet.
    It ran an autoupdate to the latest v.
    I haven't tried the new v. yet caused it crashed on restart. but now that I'm back up I'll give it a go.
    ARRRGH! SAV just found a download misleader app (buggs in the machine)
    I sure hope it didn't come from this install.

DM seems to be working
    Last edited by oxywaddle; 05-14-10 at 05:49 PM. Reason: forgot?
    05-14-10 05:46 PM
    I'm getting Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers\BbDevMgr.exe. Verify if you have access to that directory. Any suggetions?
    05-15-10 12:47 PM
    I use a Mac and when trying to install desktop manager I am receiving the error message, "This software does not support your current operating system. Please upgrade to the latest version." What operating system? On my computer? It's up-to-date and no upgrades are available. It can't be about the OS on my berry because that's not even plugged in yet. Please help.

After further research I noticed that the latest desktop manager for mac requires mac os x 10.5.5 or higher, but i have 10.4.11 on the computer I am working on. Is there any version of DM that works for this OS or do I have to give Steve Jobs another hundred bucks to upgrade to mac os x 10.5 just to back up my berry?
    Last edited by KQCrackberry; 05-26-10 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Did more research.
    05-26-10 12:05 AM
    @KQCrackberry
    i'm having the same porblem i'm new to the mac and I just got my 8530 yesterday...
    if you find a solution let a brotha know.....
    05-27-10 11:23 AM
    @ cervantez241

will do. i sent them an e-mail but i don't suppose they'll respond until after the weekend.
    05-28-10 04:07 PM
    I'm getting Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers\BbDevMgr.exe. Verify if you have access to that directory. Any suggetions?
    I'm getting a similar message: Error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers\RimUsbNT.inf. Verity that you have access to that directory.

I have access to that directory, I think. I can get to it and see the file with windows explorer. I am running Win 7 Premium 64bit. Any ideas?
    07-06-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD