Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster.

OK now that the groans are over with, let me first say I've searched this site and googled every combination of terms I can think of to find the answer(s) to this question and have whiffed on them all for the past 2 hours.

So down to business. BlackBerry Pearl 8100, Desktop Manager 4.7, freshly downloaded to a new Acer 8.9" Netbook. The Media Manager (primary concern at this point is to transfer pictures, not music) gives me this error, which has been discussed here:

"The current display settings to do not meet the minimum requirements for this application. Blah blah blah."

Now the difference here is, this is a Netbook, 8.9" screen. The maximum resolution is set at 1024x600, where this Media Manager requires 1024x768. And it's already at 32-bit.

So, all that said to say, is there a way around this or another version anyone knows of that has no resolution requirement?

Thanks for the help guys & gals, I know this is the right place to be for BB help.

justin-
    06-15-09 10:48 PM
    If you have a memory card in your BB, you don't need Media Manager. Just use Mass Storage Mode to drag and drop your pics between your BB and netbook.

You will save some precious memory on your netbook as well by not having the DM software with Media Manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 11:32 PM
    What do you mean Mass Storage Device. I have the exact same issue. When I plug my BB in, a folder with Media comes up, but there's nothing in it. No pics.
    08-26-09 09:55 AM
    Mass Storage Mode applies to your media card only.

If your pictures and other data are save in device memory, you can not access that from Windows without installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager with Roxio Media Manger. It is an optional download, not shipped with your BlackBerry Tools CD.

There is a simple work around. Use Media / Explore to move the pictures to your media card.
    08-26-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD