I'm having two separate issues. First, I plugged my phone into the computer and got a message that there was a 4.7 core applications update needed. I started the update and, after a few minutes, it seemed to freeze. I let it go for several minutes but it didn't seem to be doing anything so I unplugged the phone and now it won't connect to the desktop manager. I did a battery pop and still nothing. Not to mention that the screen now seems less responsive.

Also, any time I do a battery pull or turn the handset off, I seem to lose data services. I only have a 1x or a 1ev rather than a 1X or a 1EV. It eventually comes back, but it's very frustrating.

Any ideas about either problem?
    10-18-09 09:45 AM
    Did you restart the computer also. I had an issue where I had to bring up the task menu and go to processes and end all blackberry and RIM processes running then my phone would connect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 09:49 AM
    Thanks! That did the trick! Got the message for the core applications update, but am a little gun shy now.

Any ideas on the other issue? Normally, it will eventually return to 1X or 1EV but it's been over an hour and it's still at 1x and 1ev. Frustrating not to be able to access email or internet.
    10-18-09 10:15 AM
    try dialing the *228 and choose option 2. Could help if it didn't do it automatically after the update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 12:11 PM
    Ugh! Nope. Didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though!
    10-18-09 12:26 PM
    worst case it could just be your radio file from when you updated. Some radio files work better for some people. If you had a good data connection before you updated Id almost bet that is the source for the data problem.
    10-18-09 02:02 PM
    Ended up taking it in to Verizon yesterday. Turns out a bunch of the settings were wrong. Working like a charm now. Thanks for all of your suggestions!
    10-20-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD