How do I prevent DTM from freezing during device backup just when it reaches the point of backing up BBM Groups? Has any one else experienced this?
    01-04-10 04:46 AM
    Had the same issue. In my case, device was freezing as well, so i wiped and reinstalled os5
    01-04-10 05:13 AM
    when i backed up my 8900 and now my 9700 dm 5.0.1 would always freeze at bbm groups as its running but never have had a problem with it not finishing, dm runs pretty fast till the groups stops and after maybe 30 sec's it continues and always backs up, just figured part of the backup process of new group section
    01-04-10 09:25 AM
    GRRRR
    i have the same problem with my storm 9530....Anybody know what to do?
    01-09-10 02:25 PM
    i fixed it...You have the to clear some of the databases....Open DM -> go to Backup Restore Adavanced-> click advanced and scroll down to browser cache....

Clear it

Should work
    01-09-10 03:32 PM
    i fixed it...You have the to clear some of the databases....Open DM -> go to Backup Restore Adavanced-> click advanced and scroll down to browser cache....

Clear it

Should work
    I cleared the Content store file and the browser cache and I still have the problem also.
    01-23-10 11:47 PM
    Same here!!! WTF is going on!! Ugghhh....

I've tried backing up my Bold 9000 using the latest version of DM on my Windows 7 32-bit and it keeps freezing at the exact same place. It always gets to BBGroups and just freezes. I've tried it on 2 different computers and it keeps freezing at the exact same location, so I'm thinking that some sort of setting on the Bold 9000 has to be changed. Just to be sure, I did the USB power management thing to make sure that wasn't causing any problems, but it keeps freezing at the exact same part during the backup (at BBGroups).

And is it me, or is the BlackBerry website help/support section a piece of crap?? I want to be able to email someone. The website is all over the place. Not UI friendly at all....

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...36#post4586636

Please please please if anyone knows how to fix this, let us know!!
    01-30-10 10:59 AM
    I'd like to help, really, but my DM with Bold 9700 doesn't freeze -- it crashes. Seems to have a conflict with a .dll file in Explorer 8 for XP SP3, an issue RIM has failed to address for months. Maybe a Canadian can get their attention?
    01-31-10 03:02 PM
    Same thing happens to me. I use my office PC to backup my data and it always freezes at BBGroups. Weird thing is I backed up my data few days ago using my home PC and it worked well. Hmm....
    02-22-10 10:22 PM
    i was backing up my friend's BOLD 9000 n it froze in Address Book/Contacts...

will try those options n hope it works...

thnxs guys...
    this forum rockzzzzzzzz....
    02-27-10 03:23 AM
    I recently had the same problem. It kept getting stuck on BBGroups. I had to walk away. It ended up just taking a long time for it to finish the backup.
    03-04-10 10:38 PM
    Hi, I am using DM for mac .. and it gets stuck on BBGroups for a while and then just says "backup failed" ... please help
    05-27-10 02:05 AM
    My tour and DM freeze up when they get to the BB groups as well. Anybody found a fix for this?? Suggestions? Upgrading to newest DM didn't help.
    09-03-10 09:39 AM
    For me the groups back up portion takes a long time, but it always completes.
    09-03-10 09:42 AM
    Well I waited for about an hour, then had to leave with my phone.
    09-03-10 10:06 AM
    That sucks, I have one small group and it isnt very active and my backup still takes a while. It annoys me.
    09-03-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD