I am trying to use the media manager in desktop manager 4.7. I have the storem 9530 and everytime I go to use it it says "blackberry desktop manager has stop[ed working and has t pclose". I use Vista (poopoo) and i do not want to call Verizon. Any suggestions/ Fyi, I had the same problem trying to sync my address book and calenders and it fixed it self ( I guess). Help
    Frustrated in AZ
    03-20-09 04:12 PM
    I've heard that DM 4.7 isn't the best. I think the concensus is to use version 4.6. I'd see if you can dig up that version and give it another shot. (I'll try posting a link to that later)
    03-20-09 04:24 PM
    4.7 is fine for the Storm - that is the version it was made for and should be problem free.... Have you rebooted the PC lately?
    03-20-09 04:52 PM
    4.7 is fine for the Storm - that is the version it was made for and should be problem free.... Have you rebooted the PC lately?
    Awesome, thanks, Tre. I wasn't sure if the issues with 4.7 were global or specific to a specific device (Bold's hate 4.7, I know that).
    03-20-09 04:58 PM
    From what I read, well from what we all have read 4.7 is a big issue with many devices but the Storm seems to do okay with it. 2 friends of mine use 4.7 (Storm) and have no problems so I guess its a ymmv thing.... For any device other than the Storm you are correct - 4.6 is the way to go...
    03-20-09 05:01 PM
    After rebooting your pc you might try to run DM as admin. Right click DM icon and select run as admin.
    03-20-09 06:06 PM
    i've had that happen to me a few times...i just rebooted the pc and it seems to work fine....
    03-20-09 06:12 PM
    You know I was going to ask about this. My friend and I just got our BB's relatively recently and we have both had major lag issues (five min. between clicks) with out Desktop Managers; to the point where I don't even use it. Is there a different DM to that doesn't come on the disc that works well?
    03-20-09 08:23 PM
    Desktop Manager 4.6 without media manager is what I would recommend snappingturo..... Visit blackberry.com and hit the software tab and download from there.
    03-20-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD