Hi guys,

I just updated to MS Office 2010 and the DM asks me to reconfigure email client when I open it. I usually have my BB Bold in sync with outlook (calendar, contacts, etc.) but for some reason when i go to Sync configuration, it doesn't detect Outlook 2010.

Is there an update or something for this?
    05-08-10 10:32 AM
    Nothing!
    BBDM is not ready yet for Office 2010
    Welcome to the waiting club.
    05-08-10 11:29 AM
    Outlook 2010 works for me. I had issues originally, and I did a forum search. I do not remember where I found the fix, but there is one available.
    05-08-10 11:38 AM
    Anyone????
    05-11-10 06:32 AM
    You have to install Office 2007 first. Get it to sync exactly the way you like it (configure, run at least one sync). Then do the upgrade to Office 2010. It should continue to work fine.
    05-11-10 06:35 AM
    Go to Companionsync.com. You get a 14 day trial on the program. There are several different program options. I synced with 2010 with no problem. My bb is always primary however. Did not try two way sync or outlook overwriting the device.
    05-24-10 10:50 PM
    Go to Companionsync.com. You get a 14 day trial on the program. There are several different program options. I synced with 2010 with no problem. My bb is always primary however. Did not try two way sync or outlook overwriting the device.
    05-24-10 10:56 PM
    Beleive or not; RIM has not release a Office 2010 compatibe DM version yet.
    The only workaround is the one involving installing Outlook 2007, set all your synch parameters with DM and then upgrade to Outlook 2010. In this way your synch will work, but you will not be able to do any changes in the synch�s configuration.
    Good luck!
    05-25-10 08:42 AM
    Hi everyone,

The url is actually www.companionlink.com

CompanionLink has supported Outlook 2010 both 32-bit and 64-bit from its early beta days. Until RIM updates BBDM, you can use CompanionLink to sync Outlook 2010 to BlackBerry. We support two-way sync, but you can also configure the software for one-way sync either way. There's a 14-day free trial, so feel free to give it a shot!

Kaena M.
    CompanionLink Software
    05-25-10 10:58 AM
    You don't need CompanionLink. I had it working for me previously before my Blackberry was nuked and I had to restore everything. Right now, for some reason, Desktop Manager AND Desktop Software (apparently RIM has both and they're almost the same; how stupid!) won't detect it anymore. I seriously don't understand why.

It only detects Outlook Express which I don't have installed on my system.
    05-06-11 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD