I am running OS 5.0.0.593

Upgrading my OS has always been a messy operation on my Windows Vista laptop. Running Desktop Manager 5.01.
    It is usually a combination of App Loader and DM, lots of reboots, etc. and something finally clicks and I get it done.

Now that I this OS, Desktop Manager connects to my Blackberry, shows the proper config for synchronizing Outlook, etc. I can even successfully perform a back-up of the databases, saving to my PC.

DM does not see any applications, including the OS files. It goes through a cycle of checking for updates and then a screen comes up saying no applications found. Normally, in the past, I would see my OS files (grayed out of course) and all my 3rd party apps on the list. Perhaps DM is accessing the wrong data file? Any help much appreciated.

Couple of other quirky things with this OS.

Slacker Radio now has occasional buffering issues, causing the song to skip.
    Was on version 2.91 and wanted to stay there, however, the buffering issues were really bad and the album art would not show, just gray overlays. I upgraded to 3.464, the latest (lost my free ability to cache stations), but did get back my album art and buffering is better, yet not great as it used to be.
    Think it is the OS.

I had been running Stitcher (podcast) flawlessly before, and because the folks at Stitcher are taking their sweet time getting out a version for 9700, I was running the 8900 version. That version would go into perpetual buffering mode, so I went with the 9630 (tour) version and it works again, yet with a couple of drop outs in audio here and there, even after the entire stream has downloaded. This is similar to what is going on with Slacker.
    Something buggy about this release, colliding with media applications.
    They work, but just not as good as before.

Until I get the DM issue resolved I hesitate to move up to the latest OS released on May 5th. It is such a hassle to update and then reinstall all 3rd party apps, re-register. Thanks for any help out there!
    Last edited by joeberrymomma; 05-12-10 at 11:26 AM. Reason: tags
    05-12-10 11:24 AM
    I guess we are not worried about your other questions and they can wait until you have some answers about DM... so let's start there... are you going into DM > Application Loader > Add/Remove Applications, and you are saying this does not show your 3rd party apps or themes??? This will not show you your OS files... the only way to see those now is start the Loader.exe... this is the only way to reload any core OS apps or files from the OS (i.e. Brick Breaker, Texas Hold'em, BBM, etc).

Not sure why you have to go through all those loops to upgrade an OS version on Vista... I've never used Vista, but have never had that issue with XP or Windows 7 64bit... I ONLY use Loader.exe.
    05-12-10 03:17 PM
    do a battery pull. I've noticed a few times that DM and AppLoader won't show any apps unless I did a battery pull, then when I reconnected, it was fine.
    05-12-10 04:21 PM
    [QUOTE=fatboy97;5109020]I guess we are not worried about your other questions and they can wait until you have some answers about DM... so let's start there... are you going into DM > Application Loader > Add/Remove Applications, and you are saying this does not show your 3rd party apps or themes???

Yes, exactly what you said. DM > Application Loader > Add/Remove Applications

None of my third part apps, core apps, themes show. I used to see all of these with my BB 8310 and probably DM 4.7 or something. Now on BB 9700 and DM 5.1.
    Screenshot attached. Says "No Software is available for your device."
    Not looking for new software, rather, I want to see what I already have.
    05-13-10 11:32 PM
    Couple of other quirky things with this OS.

Slacker Radio now has occasional buffering issues, causing the song to skip.
    Was on version 2.91 and wanted to stay there, however, the buffering issues were really bad and the album art would not show, just gray overlays. I upgraded to 3.464, the latest (lost my free ability to cache stations), but did get back my album art and buffering is better, yet not great as it used to be.
    Think it is the OS.

I had been running Stitcher (podcast) flawlessly before, and because the folks at Stitcher are taking their sweet time getting out a version for 9700, I was running the 8900 version. That version would go into perpetual buffering mode, so I went with the 9630 (tour) version and it works again, yet with a couple of drop outs in audio here and there, even after the entire stream has downloaded. This is similar to what is going on with Slacker.
    Something buggy about this release, colliding with media applications.
    They work, but just not as good as before I upgraded.
    I know I can always downgrade, but not really what I want to do.
    05-13-10 11:35 PM
    I will give it a shot! Thank you.
    05-13-10 11:36 PM
    And you've gone into your PC > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and removed DM... rebooted your PC... then installed again using the link in my signature below??? Then you've tried this again??? You've done this???
    05-14-10 06:03 AM
    And you've gone into your PC > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and removed DM... rebooted your PC... then installed again using the link in my signature below??? Then you've tried this again??? You've done this???
    At one point I uninstalled DM and all Blackberry components.
    I then reinstalled DM 5.01. Did not have any affect on my problem.

I could try again I suppose? Though I might not uninstall all Blackberry components. There is an option in the uninstall to "remove all user settings in desktop software." Did this before and it deleted EVERYTHING, loader files in the Loader.exe directory. Any other suggestions besides doing another uninstall?

Joseph
    05-14-10 06:57 PM
    At this point DM does not work properly for you... correct??? Then what do you have to loose by removing/deleting DM from your PC... if you use the link in my signature you will get it directly from RIM's Blackberrry.com website. Then you can download AT&T Official OS and install that on your PC... THEN connect your device to your PC and try DM.
    05-14-10 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD