Then why did you even post in this thread? And the language files arent giving you 10MBs of free app memory
    Added to the ignore list. I know what my phone was showing before hand, so I'm basically not here to be reprimanded by the great howarmart...Again...
    07-15-09 08:13 PM
    Wow talk about a real d**k move by verizon to only allow you to dl DM 5.0 if you have verizon number to input. So I guess if your're not verizon they wont allow you to dl it, even though it will be available to EVERYONE. Don't see why they make it look like they have something really special and exclusive that non verizon customers can't have. What a bunch of mor*ns!!!

Yeah, how dare Verizon not provide services for their competitors customers. You're a dumb ***!
    07-15-09 08:28 PM
    WOOT! Bluetooth works!

It was not too easy but not too hard to setup. I fiddled around until I got the setup order correct

1 pair the device to the pc
    2 add blue tooth support to the device manager
    3 add bluetooth connection option to the desktop manager

=X=

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    good job, its not working for me. I need to fiddle a bit more
    07-16-09 05:02 AM
    Yeah, how dare Verizon not provide services for their competitors customers. You're a dumb ***!
    Ha ha ha agreed!

07-16-09 05:13 AM
    I have a 9500 running .151 on DM 4.7.0.37 [Mar 18 2009] Anyone here knows if I'm able to upgrade the DM to 5.0 DM says "no new updates available" when I hit 'check for updates' Thanks in advance.
    07-16-09 07:43 AM
    then do I install it? Worth it or not?
    07-16-09 08:03 AM
    I downloaded the update DM when I connected my phone and clicked on backup all was fine till about half way through the got error message saying there was a problem backing up databases. Anyone else? Any suggestion? I went back and did a repair download of DM and still get the error.
    07-16-09 09:07 AM
    do you clear your cache ?
    07-16-09 11:28 AM
    WOOT! Bluetooth works!

It was not too easy but not too hard to setup. I fiddled around until I got the setup order correct

1 pair the device to the pc
    2 add blue tooth support to the device manager
    3 add bluetooth connection option to the desktop manager

=X=

Can you clarify steps 2 and 3? I've successfully paired my BB to my laptop via Bluetooth but Desktop Manager doesn't give me an option to turn on Bluetooth.
    07-16-09 11:47 AM
    do you clear your cache ?
    You don't have to have your Blackberry hooked up when you do this upgrade. This is just like any other software upgrade you download to your PC.
    07-16-09 11:50 AM
    I would like to know how anyone gets up to 50 Mb of memory without completly removing all 3rd party apps and then some, as I have never gotten to that level. Is there a way to install the 3rd party apps to the media card?
    07-16-09 02:55 PM
    they would have given the option to back up 3rd party apps in this update.... oh well, we can dream. guess they take the "if it's not broken why fix it, to the extreme". the lack of innovation on RIM's part is staggering.
    07-16-09 03:15 PM
    Can you clarify steps 2 and 3? I've successfully paired my BB to my laptop via Bluetooth but Desktop Manager doesn't give me an option to turn on Bluetooth.
    Hmm. If the option to enable bluetooth is still disabled then I don't think you can get the BB sync to work.

Make sure that DM 5.0 is running correctly. Uninstall DM 4.7 first then install DM 5.0

As for the difference in step 2 vs 3.

RIM installs two programs to communicate with the BlackBerry
    1)BlackBerry Device Manager (found in "Program Files\BlackBerry\BlackBerry Device Mananger")
    2) Then the Desktop Mananger (found in "Program Files\BlackBerry\Device Mananger")

They are both located in the system tray the "Device Manager" looks like there is a BB in front of a printer. The Desktop Manager looks like a BlackBerry device.

To get Bluetooth to work first you have to get the device manager to work, that is the driver that communciates to the BlackBerry device.

<<<<<<<<<<<< DETAILS for STEP 2 of my previous post <>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    To open the device manager right click on the Icon at the system tray and select "properties"
    A dialog box with many tabs will open up.
    Select the "Device Connections" Tab
    There should be a check box "Turn on BlueTooth Support" check it and depress the <Configure Bluetooth...> button.
    Make sure you see your BB, if not click on the Add button to add the device.

<<<<<<<<<<<< DETAILS for STEP 3 of my previous post <>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Now we have to enable bluetooth on the Desktop Manager
    1) Open the Desktop Mananger and select the "Options" menu.
    2) There should be an enable "BlueTooth check box there. Enable it and you should
    be ready to go

=X=

Then
    07-16-09 07:27 PM
    I would like to know how anyone gets up to 50 Mb of memory without completly removing all 3rd party apps and then some, as I have never gotten to that level. Is there a way to install the 3rd party apps to the media card?
    I have about 20 apps and boot up at 49.6.

we shrink the OS prior to install to the phone in order to remove unsed items like languages and RIM apps. My OS is actually half the size of what it used to be
    07-16-09 07:51 PM
    You don't have to have your Blackberry hooked up when you do this upgrade. This is just like any other software upgrade you download to your PC.
    So I don't have to uninstall version 4.7? Installing the new version without uninstalling the other? Right?
    07-17-09 07:58 AM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD