I have never been able to connect to the software. I have the USB that came with my BB and it doesn't see it connected.

Anyone have any advice?
    Last edited by tparrow; 07-15-09 at 10:37 AM.
    07-15-09 10:19 AM
    Unplug
    Pull the battery
    Hold the end button for 30 seconds
    Put battery back in
    After it reboots try reconnecting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 10:44 AM
    Unplug
    Pull the battery
    Hold the end button for 30 seconds
    Put battery back in
    After it reboots try reconnecting

What exactly does holding the end button without the battery in do??
    07-15-09 10:51 AM
    This happened to me right after downloading the new OS, just restart DM and also reboot your phone.
    Thanks! I tried the almighty batt pull just to see and once reconnected it recognized the device and connected ok.

07-15-09 10:55 AM
    Just upgraded to DM 5.0.
    No change in memory.
    07-15-09 11:31 AM
    Downloaded, works fine, but no appreciable change in phone performance and it sure is a big, slow, porky thing to download! Slower than Kung Fu Panda, the untrained version!
    07-15-09 11:45 AM
    I know it says about 30 min but I've been stuck in copying new files for 30 min. Geeeez. Guess now I have time to take my meds and find my helmet. LOL
    07-15-09 12:16 PM
    I have connected twice now and each time it tells me I have to update my software and the same files are missing:
    07-15-09 12:39 PM
    I have connected twice now and each time it tells me I have to update my software and the same files are missing:
    Its saying there are files on the PC that can be install on the device right? I am guessing you shrunk the OS before installing it?
    07-15-09 12:53 PM
    Its saying there are files on the PC that can be install on the device right? I am guessing you shrunk the OS before installing it?
    No, I didn't shrink it. I get this periodically actually. I am wondering if they are somehow getting deleted off of my Storm. They are consistently the same files.
    07-15-09 01:15 PM
    Going to do a battery pull now because after it did it's "update" my memory dropped 10mb.
    07-15-09 02:09 PM
    Going to do a battery pull now because after it did it's "update" my memory dropped 10mb.
    I had drop after initial reboot but then corrected on next reboot.

07-15-09 03:08 PM
    WOOT! Bluetooth works!

It was not too easy but not too hard to setup. I fiddled around until I got the setup order correct

1 pair the device to the pc
    2 add blue tooth support to the device manager
    3 add bluetooth connection option to the desktop manager

=X=

07-15-09 03:25 PM
    my phone never updated i am still at 4.7.0.148. How can updated the DM affect the phones performance?
    07-15-09 05:14 PM
    I just installed it to my pc. When I go and try to add an application, it locks up. "not responding." Currently downloading v4.7 from blackberry site.
    07-15-09 05:36 PM
    Anyone have an idea as to why I would receive a 'Win32 error' when trying to run the new DM5.0 file??

attached error pic.
    07-15-09 05:53 PM
    thats a bad download probably. download again. Its 307 MBs i think so it will take awhile
    07-15-09 05:55 PM
    thats a bad download probably. download again. Its 307 MBs i think so it will take awhile
    Thanks. Gave that a try, the file gets to 20 megs and is 'complete.'

Then I try again, and it's instantly completed

My internet connection has not been interrupted in this process - very strange.

Ideas on the next step to getting this thing d/l'd?

Edit: Just switched to the I.E. browser (Google Chrome is my usual suspect), seems to be d/l'ing properly so far...
    Last edited by Weighted; 07-15-09 at 06:07 PM.
    07-15-09 06:02 PM
    I don't know what I did differently than everyone else, but my memory jumped 10+ mb., signal seems better, also the memory has been managing itself rather well without me having to recover memory manually. Here's a screenshot of a few hours today that included using:

BBM, Browser, Facebook, Phone Calls...Etc...

It could just be me though...
    ...or the fact that I unchecked the language character before doing the update.
    07-15-09 06:37 PM
    I don't know what I did differently than everyone else, but my memory jumped 10+ mb., signal seems better, also the memory has been managing itself rather well without me having to recover memory manually. Here's a screenshot of a few hours today that included using:

BBM, Browser, Facebook, Phone Calls...Etc...

It could just be me though...
    ...or the fact that I unchecked the language character before doing the update.
    Did you use DM 5.0 to install .151 OS?

Oh, is your OS just a plain .151 or is it a hybrid?
    07-15-09 07:22 PM
    Did you use DM 5.0 to install .151 OS?

Oh, is your OS just a plain .151 or is it a hybrid?
    I used the loader included with .151.

And it's just the plain OS, no hybrid.
    07-15-09 07:38 PM
    you didnt gain 10 MBs from DM. If you change files from the OS install you can change the app memory though.

edit: what OS does your about screen show?
    Last edited by howarmat; 07-15-09 at 07:46 PM.
    07-15-09 07:43 PM
    you didnt gain 10 MBs from DM. If you change files from the OS install you can change the app memory though.

edit: what OS does your about screen show?
    I didn't say DM gave me the 10mb gain, did you forget that I mentioned leaving the different language characters out?
    07-15-09 08:04 PM
    Am definitely in agreeance with howarmart. By only connecting to the Dm, the memory on the device is not going to be affected at all. This 5.0 Dm is just a precurser to deal with the soon to be launched os. I without thinking read some of the posts and downloaded thinking memory would be affected. Then while downloading, some brain activity started and I realized that there was no way for the memory to be increase without touching os files. I am glad this came out because this lets us know we are that much closer to getting the os on our bb's. And for that I cannot wait as I've been thinking about switching to a tour, or going to another pda all together as I deal with a MS exchange account for my college email and I don't think I'm able to sync up with it. If there are any comments regarding the last sentence, please post as I would love to get my email on my bb. And editing the end of this post. Thought some more and went into my email settings and was able to get my email connected under other. Almost brought tears to my eyes....now I'm one happy camper
    Last edited by Raptor6977; 07-15-09 at 08:11 PM.
    07-15-09 08:04 PM
    I didn't say DM gave me the 10mb gain, did you forget that I mentioned leaving the different language characters out?
    Then why did you even post in this thread? And the language files arent giving you 10MBs of free app memory
    07-15-09 08:09 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD