So i got my Tour, and tried to install the new desktop manager.
    I had a previous desktop manager installed for my Storm, but I deleted it and restarted my computer before I tried installing the new one.
    Everytime I insert the disk, the window for it comes up but nothing inside of it. Also it freezes and says "Desktop Manager not responding".
    Is the disk messed up or what? I did not have this problem with my Curve or Storm.
    07-20-09 08:42 AM
    I have the exact same problem. Uninstalled DM 4.7, restarted, then tried to install DM 5.0 that came with the Tour. It freezes and does not respond. Tried it numerous times with same result.
    07-20-09 08:46 AM
    heres the link to download the 5.0 over the computer...

Desktop Software
    07-20-09 08:49 AM
    My disk did the same exact thing and I THOUGHT there was something wrong with the disk as well. However, after a few attempts at ending the task and starting again, I just took the disk out, put it back in and when i saw it was giving me that blank box, I just walked away from the pc and went to take care some issue I was having with my pool. I came back like 20 mins later and the installation menu was up. I think it just takes forever for the installation menu to come up after you put the disk in. Kinda sucks. Just like waiting for the Tour boot up
    07-20-09 08:51 AM
    My disk froze as well. I'm not sure why but since I have a broadband modem I 've stopped caring about stuff like that. I just went to the BB website, downloaded DM 5.0 and everything is working fine.
    07-20-09 09:06 AM
    The disc didn't work for me either. When you install DM via downloading, make sure to run it as administrator, otherwise it won't open up to install.
    07-20-09 09:48 AM
    A lot of the CD's they sent out were defective, just gonna have to download it.
    07-20-09 09:54 AM
    I got a sprint Tour and the CD says it is not a windows program... I just downloaded it.

I assumed I was the only one.
    07-20-09 10:30 AM
    Just download it from Rim's site.
    07-20-09 10:32 AM
    Same here!
    07-24-09 07:45 PM
    The disc didn't work for me either. When you install DM via downloading, make sure to run it as administrator, otherwise it won't open up to install.
    Should try to run as administrator on vista automatically in xp it shouldn't make a difference as long as your account is an administrator.
    07-24-09 07:59 PM
    my cd didnt work either..i had to dl it online.
    07-24-09 08:01 PM
    Same here. I returned my phone and I am going with sprint. I will report if the sprint version works.
    07-24-09 08:07 PM
    my cd that came with my sprint tour didnt work either
    07-24-09 09:38 PM
    After hours of not being able to download and sync successfully, I called Sprint, who contacted RIM's tech dept. Issue resolved in 10min, and I am all good now with my new Tour. But I will say that I am not messing with 5.0 anymore. 4.7 was working great for me, and inever should have changed it.
    07-25-09 09:38 AM
    I'm still using the DM that came with my Pearl that I later upgraded online. It works fine. Thanks for the info. I won't even bother trying to install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 09:55 AM
    My CD was crap too
    07-29-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD