My Bold 9000 accidently went to the bottom of the sea. Does anyone know how to transfer the saved back-up data on desktop manager to an iphone. I'd like to transfer everything that was backed up..I know..I know..I'm selling out.
    06-09-10 04:06 PM
    My guess is that's completely impossible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 04:16 PM
    I don't think that is possible... at least it's not possible with Desktop Manager... you might have better luck talking to your Provider, they might have a tool from Apple.
    06-09-10 04:22 PM
    My guess is that's completely impossible.

Its not impossible, just gonna take a few steps.
    Extract the data from the backup, convert to something iphone recognizes and use itunes to sync to phone.

Start here
    Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD and BBB files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor, forensic tool
    Last edited by rdyoung; 06-09-10 at 04:25 PM.
    06-09-10 04:22 PM
    Its not impossible, just gonna take a few steps.
    Extract the data from the backup, convert to something iphone recognizes and use itunes to sync to phone.
    It is impossible, like I said. I was referring to him asking if he can use DM to transfer his data (like he asked). I never said its impossible to get the data through other means....
    06-09-10 05:49 PM
    rdyoung- What format have you used for it to be readable by itunes, and is it recognized by the native iphone program ie. sms? Thanks for the help!
    06-09-10 07:12 PM
    rdyoung- What format have you used for it to be readable by itunes, and is it recognized by the native iphone program ie. sms? Thanks for the help!
    Sorry, if I knew what formats itunes recognizes, I would have included a link to convert the database.
    The closest I come to being in apples self contained ecosystem is my old 30gig ipod classic.

But I can hazard a guess as to what the next step is.
    Convert the databases to something like straight xml, or even a delimited txt file. Open them in either outlook or similar, or excel or openoffice, and go from there.

NOTE: This is all pure guess work based on being a so called geek for the majority of my life. So please take it at face value.
    06-10-10 12:10 AM
    It is impossible, like I said. I was referring to him asking if he can use DM to transfer his data (like he asked). I never said its impossible to get the data through other means....
    True, yet you should have been a little more in depth in your answer.
    To just tell someone NO, when they obviously don't have the skill or background that others do makes them think they are SOL.
    06-10-10 12:12 AM
    Impossible?

Lol

06-10-10 03:43 AM
    Thanks rdyoung! Hope when all is said and done, it will be recognized as an SMS,,,
    06-10-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD