Hey Peeps,

I wonder if there might be anyone out there with the similar problem or who can advise me of a useful solution to this problem:

I need to make a backup of my blackberry onto my computer and also synchronize my calendar and contacts. Upon opening the Desktop Software (version 6.1), I connect my BlackBerry to my computer via USB. A few minutes after that (+/- 5 minutes), my computer crashes with a blue screen. The system then restarts.

This "stop" error has been occurring multiple times on both my systems. I have tried every possible solution that is available but nothing helps. For your records, my primary system is using AMD Athlon X2, 4GB RAM and Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 and my other system Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM and Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Any ideas on this error?
    08-11-11 05:30 AM
    There has been some issues with 6.1 DM and 64bit OS, revert to 6.0 and see if that helps. Also reinstall using the compatibility mode.
    08-11-11 05:37 AM
    Hey, yeah I installed v6.0 last night and was able to do one backup, thereafter the same system crash happens. Quite frustrating. Is there any way of obtaining the previous versions of the Desktop Manager such as version 5 or something?

So you reckon this is a x64-based problem?
    08-11-11 05:50 AM
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com They say they have a version 5. See if it helps, also try updating the .net framework and other associated files. Also check the same in the safe mode.
    08-11-11 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD