I was upgrading operating systems on my BRAND NEW 9780 and the desktop manager ( v6) basically froze right when my BB was rebooting. I had to ex out of desktop manager and unplug my phone and now it wont go past the loading screen. Its literally stuck where it would show t-mobile and then turn on. What do I do? I can't connect it to my computer cause my computer wont recognize it.
    It wont start up in safe mode either. I dont know what to do.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    03-23-11 03:04 AM
    Don't worry, we'll get your phone up and about.
    1). First, Remove the battery, wait for 1 minute and re-insert it.
    2). Shut down your computer. (Don't restart). Switch off the main power. Wait for for 1 minute and switch it on.
    3). Connect your device now. Your computer should now recognize the device.
    4). It would be nice if you can wipe your device at this stage with BBSAK. (Not imperative, but will help)
    5). Reload device software. Use Apploader instead of Desktop Manager.

Try the above instructions and inform. Also post the error message if any.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Kishore Thaakur; 03-23-11 at 03:51 AM.
    03-23-11 03:46 AM
    Thanks for your reassuring post- I def felt like I was gonna cry any moment.
    I ended up being able to connect it via bbsak surprinsigly cause my computer wasn't really recognizing it at first . I wiped it, downloaded the .488 os 6 that I had on my 9780 BEFORE the stupid DM told me to upgrade it. Once that was downloaded I installed via app loader. Once all that was said and done, i switched devices again from my 8520 to my 9780 ( I just got my 9780 less than two weeks ago). Oddly though when I was transferring data onto my new phone it like messed up partly and didn't copy over all my text message. Been fine ever since! Thankfully I had blackberry protect installed and had a backup from a few days ago that I just restored >< *phew*
    03-23-11 05:04 AM
    You're welcome.

03-23-11 05:34 AM
    .488 os 6 ? i thought .480 was the latest and greatest OS6 for 9780?

i will soon also attempt to wipe/upgrade my OS so thx for the info Kishore
    03-23-11 04:38 PM
    .488 os 6 ? i thought .480 was the latest and greatest OS6 for 9780?
    It is!

I think he meant .448

03-23-11 04:47 PM
    It is!

I think he meant .448

lol ok thx for the confirmation
    i spent the last few days reading/lurking in these forums prior to registering and finally felt confident enough to attempt to upgrade to my OS to .480 (from .285 ) and thought wow another leaked OS ?!
    03-23-11 05:28 PM
    Yeah, sorry thats what I mean- 448 not 488 whoops!
    Which is also why I was kinda wondering why DM was upgrading my OS when I already had just upgraded to .448. Weird!

btw, I'm not a he
    03-24-11 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD