why does my DM constantly lose its connection with the 9700 ive tried it with the memory card off, prompt, and always on and i get a different result everytime. even a different result with the same options i cant make it work the same way twice

so what do you guys do with your settings when you want to:

1. just use DM

2. just access the media card

3. both

thanks for any help. cause im lost
    02-23-10 08:11 AM
    Good chance you have a bad data cable. Happened to me. I switched cables and all was good.
    02-23-10 08:40 AM
    does it matter what brand? i have another cable that i leave in my car to use my berry for the media card if im on the go ill try that
    Last edited by jr369; 02-23-10 at 08:55 AM.
    02-23-10 08:49 AM
    Could be the cable and also it could be the USB port on your computer. Try using another port. I have had a bad cable. DO NOT do any OS updates till you get it fixed as lost connection during an update is not good! I do not even touch or move my device while doing updates.
    02-23-10 10:26 AM
    brand of cable does not matter.
    02-23-10 10:29 AM
    Cable brand does not matter. Conductors are just conductors.

This also applies to home audio-video equipment. Don't get sucked into paying more than $7 for an HDMI cable, and gold plating does nothing for optical cables.
    02-23-10 10:29 AM
    i think it was cause i was using the front usb ports due to laziness from going to the back of the comp. i had a good 7 port belkin hub that was awesome synced my former iphone etc but when i loaded windows 7 it stopped working

i tried a miniusb with the motorola mini usb to micro usb adapter cord and it worked like a charm first shot
    02-23-10 09:56 PM