Hi, i am a newbie to BB world and to crackberry.com.My question is when I have security turned on my 8330 phone and go to connect to desktop manager it asks for a password but when I enter the password it keeps asking so i stop and dont use up all my attempts? When security is turned off on my phone i can connect Ok. i assume the password desktop manager is asking for is the same as the phone password?
    Thanks for any advise
    06-28-09 10:09 AM
    yes desktop manager is asking for the phones password. you have to put it in the computer, and your phone to get it into mass storage mode. (for verizon anyway) make sure you dont have caps lock on?? im not sure why it wouldnt work if you use the same password
    06-28-09 10:28 AM
    yes desktop manager is asking for the phones password. you have to put it in the computer, and your phone to get it into mass storage mode. (for verizon anyway) make sure you dont have caps lock on?? im not sure why it wouldnt work if you use the same password
    So I tried it again with the password enabled and no go, as soon as i disabled the password the device connected to desktop manager.I guess for now I will have to remember to disable before attempting to connect.
    Thanks
    06-28-09 11:22 AM
    When you have the password enabled and hook to our pc, is the device in the lock mode? If so you may have to enter the password in DM and look at your device and enter the password there.
    06-28-09 11:38 AM
    Also are you certian you are putting in the right password? I have sen this problem alot where you think the pass is 1234 but its actually wers
    06-28-09 11:46 AM
    [QUOTE=rlp32;2908863]Also are you certian you are putting in the right password? I have sen this problem alot where you think the pass is 1234 but its actually wers
    06-28-09 01:04 PM
    Also are you certian you are putting in the right password? I have sen this problem alot where you think the pass is 1234 but its actually wers

Thanks a million yu hit the nail on the head hopefully in the future i will be able to help someone else.

Thanks
    06-28-09 01:06 PM
    Your welcome. Welcome to CB by the way. Hang around, you will be helping others before you know it.
    06-28-09 01:17 PM
    Good thinking right there.
    06-28-09 02:25 PM
    Hey, I did it until I almost threw my laptop out the window one day.
    06-28-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD