What, exactly, does Backup and Restore include? I assume it includes DATA but does it also include applications and settings? If I were to do a warranty exchange on my phone can i then use restore to get everything the same as it was on the old phone?
    06-21-10 09:02 AM
    What, exactly, does Backup and Restore include? I assume it includes DATA but does it also include applications and settings? If I were to do a warranty exchange on my phone can i then use restore to get everything the same as it was on the old phone?
    It includes settings, contacts, messages etc but to back up your apps use a program like BBSAK for that. Also, you can use the Device Switch Wizard in DM to transfer your data from one phone to the other.
    Last edited by andyahs; 06-21-10 at 09:38 AM.
    06-21-10 09:36 AM
    thank you for a quick reply!
    06-21-10 10:33 AM
    As far as I can tell, BBSAK will ONLY backup the .COD files from the 3rd-party apps, in other words, the application itself.

I don't think it backs up the application's registration info, general configuration or data. That can be disastrous in some cases.

I don't think there is a "standard" place where 3rd-party apps can store config/data that DM will backup/restore, although I did notice that some rare 3rd-party apps (ie FileScout) seem to have some sort of config data that is recognized by DM.
    07-23-10 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD