I have recently switched from the BB Pearl on Verizon to the BB 8530 on Sprint. I just tried to use the App Loader to remove the sample video, help, search etc from my new phone. When I connected to the device all it is showing is third party apps that I have installed. I remember when I did this with my Pearl it showed everything on the phone. All the languages, (although I already removed these from this new phone as it gave the option on initial power up) pretty much every app that was on my phone and allowed me to delete it. But with this new one it isn't showing anything but the third party stuff. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on? I know that I can delete these things from the device itself, but I was waiting as it made me feel better to do it from the Desktop Software app loader. The version is 5.0.0.395.

Thanks again.
    02-16-10 05:36 AM
    Download and install the latest OS release (sticky on the main 8530/20 page).
    If you don't have an OS release installed, DM/AppLoader will only show installed/available apps on the list.
    02-16-10 09:25 AM
    There is also a program out there call Shrink-a-OS that will let you remove unwanted things from an OS. You can find that program over at BBHybrids Forums - Home.
    02-16-10 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD