I'm using Curve 9300 with carrier AirTel and the default OS was 5.0.0.832. I upgraded to version 5.0.0.977. Later, my Service Books got deleted (manually ) and I thought that the best way to get them back would be to reinstall 5.0.0.977. So, I installed both the versions on PC and connected the device, but the DS wouldn't show the versions available and wouldn't let me upgrade, instead it would say "There are no Blackberry Device Software updates available". So I looked up the internet, and it turned out that I was supposed to use external wipe applications (BBSAK/JL_Cmder) in order to wipe the device and then install the required OS using the DS. So I went for it, and now although DS recognizes the device, it says "Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device", and on opting Update, it still says "There are no Blackberry Device Software updates available". The "Update My Device" in Device menu is greyed out too. The Loader.exe file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader doesn't recognize the device, but detects the device PIN in USB mode. Right now, I am getting a white screen with Reload Software: Error 507 on the practically dead device. 5 hours down, I've not been able to resolve the matter.
    I've been through many posts, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using Desktop Software v6 (DS 6), so please be specific while guiding me.

Thanks and regards.
    Last edited by hello_dave; 02-02-11 at 03:38 PM.
    02-02-11 03:33 PM
    Did you delete your Vendor.xml file from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader directory?

Try that, and try using Loader again (not DM).
    02-02-11 04:14 PM
    @meske
    thanks a lot dude... b/ for me deleting vendor.xml won't work as i downloaded the OS for my specific carrier - it's not an issue.
    BTW i found the solution the same night i started this post - the BBSAK(BB Swiss Army Knife) has a big button saying LOAD OS - funny i didn't see it before... and to waste 8 hours
    02-04-11 02:42 AM
    @meske
    thanks a lot dude... b/ for me deleting vendor.xml won't work as i downloaded the OS for my specific carrier - it's not an issue.
    BTW i found the solution the same night i started this post - the BBSAK(BB Swiss Army Knife) has a big button saying LOAD OS - funny i didn't see it before... and to waste 8 hours
    02-04-11 02:48 AM
    Hi Dave, or hello Dave, I guess,
    That's nerve-wracking alright. Good for you for keeping some calm, doing some decent research, and asking a question with a detailed post.

There were some things you did that might have been unnecessary or easily avoided. Also a few points I thought you'd like clarified or explained…

1. There is no "default" OS. 5.0.0.832 was your original OS out of the box, but lots of OS's will have come before that and after.

2. I didn't understand why/how your Service Books were accidentally deleted. Regardless, Service Books do NOT come with/from the OS. They are pushed onto your device by your carrier upon registration and whenever there are updates. You can re-send Service Books from your carrier website or from within the Setup appon your device.

3. Don't have more than 1 OS installed on your PC at a time. Uninstall all of any previous OS from your PC before installing a new downloadewd OS onto your PC.

4. Use Desktop Manager for Backup & Restore of personal data and for Device Switch. Do NOT use DM for loading an OS, even if it offers. Use the Loader file. That Load OS button in BBSAK is there for convenience: all it does is launch Loader.

5. You do NOT need to wipe your device before upgrading its OS. I would say to do so only if you're coming from some errors. Loader does a lower-level wipe during the OS install process.

Btw Welcome to CB!
    go1ndr likes this.
    02-05-11 04:04 AM
    I searched for vendor files and found none. but i still can't see any os files
    02-20-12 12:17 AM
    I have deleted the vendor file and still no success after following all instructions. I externally deleted the os now in trying to reload the os on a 9650 blackberry desktop software says no updates available but the phone says 507 reload os
    03-14-13 11:05 AM
    my blackberry phone will boot 100% but not started. bold 9700
    05-14-13 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD