Can anyone recommend an alternative to DM for installing alx files? I am getting sick of it always uninstalling BBM everytime I want to install a new app. Until 5.0.57 is part of an official build this will continue happening right? Hoping there is an alternative to install alx files. Thanks kindly for any help.
    12-29-09 10:09 PM
    You can run the App Loader independently of the Desktop Manager, but I don't know that that will avoid the problem. It may also be possible to convert .alx files to .jad files and install them from your media card. This procedure may help you: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...79/#post939212
    12-29-09 10:26 PM
    Did a bit of digging around this site and the internets and found BBSAK Blackberry Swiss Army Knife. Can install Cod's without ALX eliminating Blackberry Desktop Manager for me when it comes to installing anything.

RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0

It's donationware so give it a whirl I love it.
    12-30-09 10:13 PM
    bbask is the easy way to do it....to get rid of the BBM problem, delete the copy that installed on the PC if you can and it wont downgrade it
    12-30-09 10:18 PM
    Im running into the same problem. I want to install a theme and DM keeps asking for me to downgrade or uninstall Messenger. How do I avoid this safely?
    12-30-09 11:21 PM
    M109R-RIDER try the link above and install the cod files with BBSAK. Should work like it does for apps and games.
    12-31-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD