I am trying to transfer files between my bberry and computer. It says to open by desktop manager and double click Media Manager. My desktop manager has no option for Media Manager it only deals with Synching the two. Do i need to download desktop again or is it located somewhere else?
    11-02-08 08:25 AM
    I am trying to transfer files between my bberry and computer. It says to open by desktop manager and double click Media Manager. My desktop manager has no option for Media Manager it only deals with Synching the two. Do i need to download desktop again or is it located somewhere else?
    Are you using a Mac or PC?
    11-02-08 08:32 AM
    I am using a pc
    11-02-08 11:53 AM
    If you are moving files between a Media Card and your PC, Mass Storage Mode is preferable to using Media Manager. If the files are in device memory, you have no choice but to use Media Manager. If your version of Desktop Manager doesn't include Media Manager, you'll need to download it again and select the download that includes Media Manager.
    11-02-08 02:30 PM
    I have the same problem using my pc...the media mgr doesn't even highlight so I can click on it.
    11-02-08 02:36 PM
    If you're going to use Media Manager, don't enable Mass Storage Mode when you plug your BlackBerry into the USB port.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 02:40 PM
    Use this site to redownload the Desktop Manager, make sure to select the one that includes Media Manager (Roxio). the version you are using may not have it and that's why you can't select it.
    11-02-08 02:54 PM
    Hey, I posted in another thread about how my Desktop manager wasnt working and so I went ahead and just downloaded it from the Blackberry website and for some reason I get the same error message. I'm getting a little frustrated because I used the brand new cd and it would install so any suggestions.. thanks
    11-03-08 10:56 PM
    What is the error message? What version Desktop Manager did you download? What OS are you running?
    11-03-08 11:04 PM
    the error message I am getting is this "Error 2738 Could not access VBscript run time for custom action" and another error had to do something with the msi. I downloaded the BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.3 which is like 333mb. I go through the whole installation and right near the end where it begins to install it just stops and gives me the error message. Ive tried it several times now, twice from the cd which came with the phone and another 2 times from the blackberry website. I am just trying to get the desktop manager so that i can add photos,ringtones, different themes, programs, etc..
    11-04-08 12:08 AM
    You've got to have Desktop Manager, no question about that. I just downloaded and installed 4.6 from the BlackBerry site yesterday. Is there a specific reason why you're trying to use 4.3? 4.6 is a significant improvement. In the English-only, no Media Manager configuration, it's only a 65M download. Unless you have a huge number of pictures stored in your device memory, there's little reason to use the Media Manager version. There are separate utilities that perform all its other functions.
    11-04-08 12:59 PM
    Nver been able to use Media Manger. Had a trail Roxio for awhile and may purchase. Think the Desktop Software is a weak point with BB.
    Over the last year I have reloaded and reloaded and the Media Manager box just goes gray. I did as you suggested and placed mass storage to NO. No luck.
    For the last year I have been emailing my photos for upload to my pc. Why doesn't the BB site have a real good troubleshooting page for their glitch desktop software. They seem to have every
    other feature down to the nut. Life at the top of the personal tech toys nation.
    I have 4.7 loaded by the way.
    Last edited by Wigstand; 07-07-09 at 10:50 PM.
    07-07-09 10:47 PM
    If you're going to use Media Manager, don't enable Mass Storage Mode when you plug your BlackBerry into the USB port.

Mine says to turn mass storage on, for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this! If anyone can help I would really like that.

Thanks in advance,

bnlrrice
    07-10-09 08:14 PM
    Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.

07-10-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD