So I've kept up with updating my Curve's OS but here & there I see people talking about loading a different desktop manager. I'm just using the one that I loaded from the CD that came with my Curve. Is this the best one to be using or should I update this as well? If so, how & which one is the best one to use? Thanks in advance for the input everyone.
    04-07-09 07:50 AM
    If an update is available then you should update it. It won't cause the world to collapse if you do not, but sometimes there are updates on the DM that coincide with the updates you have installed on your BB.

I am not sure what the latest update is, but you should be able to find the current one for your carrier/phone on your carrier's website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 07:54 AM
    I think the latest is 4.6 or 4.7 but I'm not a 100% sure. I would upgade anyways if there is a new one out there.
    04-07-09 07:55 AM
    do I need to remove the old version before installing the new or will it take care of itself? I've seen some others say that 4.6 is the way to, 4.7 is too "buggy." Guess I'll just unstall the old one & install 4.6 & see how it goes. Thanks for the input!
    Last edited by FL_Patriot_Fan; 04-07-09 at 08:07 AM.
    04-07-09 08:00 AM
    No you do not have to uninstall the original to update. It will update over what is already installed.

As far as being buggy? I have not run into any issues with mine yet. It's always a chance any update will be slightly buggy. You can always downgrade if it doesn't work out.

And you are welcome! We are always ready to help.
    04-07-09 08:11 AM
    4.6 is the most stable desktop manager, but 4.7 has worked well for some also....

Use 4.6 with out media manager and you will have not problems
    04-07-09 08:19 AM
    Even better that I don't have to unistall! Thanks again, seriously what would most of us do without this website?
    04-07-09 08:20 AM
    Even better that I don't have to unistall! Thanks again, seriously what would most of us do without this website?
    Flounder in our own ignorance? Myself included! LOL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 08:28 AM
    I decided on 4.7 because I usually just backup my BB once or twice a month so I'm not always using it figured I might as well go with the newest version. Wish there was a way to close this thread since I'm done with it oh well. Maybe someone else was wondering the same thing. Later!
    04-07-09 09:18 AM
    4.7 was labeled buggy, because of the difficult some members have had trying to use it to update their OS. 4.7 came out for the Storm, and I'm guessing it's geared to some specifics of that model.

As others have said, 4.6 seems to be the highest version that works reliably with the Curve.
    04-07-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD