I have just received my new handset after the screen failed and everything has backed up except for my phone book. I have now lost all of my contacts for both personal and business. Before I received my new handset Desktop Manager updated itself stating all updates were complete! Can anybody please advise as to why this happened and to advise me as to re patriation of costs as to trying to get my handset back off my service provider who are no help what so ever. Many thanks
    06-04-11 07:30 AM
    A couple of things to try before panic sets in. First a battery pull. With the phone turned on take the battery out. Wait 60 seconds. Replace the b attery and reboot the phone.

If still missing information hook to computer, open Desktop Manager and try 'restore.'

If there is still trouble report back. Someone may have more suggestions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 07:45 AM
    Sorry to hear about your problem.

Do you not have any previous backup files from your old phone on your PC that you can selectively restore your contacts from?

Desktop Manager would have prompted you to update to a later version for additional features and bug fixes. I believe the last update was mainly for PlayBook options, so this shouldn't have affected your device backup.

As for repatriation of costs, that's between you and your carrier... but you're probably on a highway to nowhere there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD