Anyone had this issue yet? I've searched thru the threads looking for this problem, but haven't found any info on it.

I simply hit "Back Up Now", it runs all the way to the end (like everything is working fine), then this error pops up.

"There was an error backing up"
    "There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the backup. Verify that the device is turned on and connected"

I have never been able to do a backup, I always get this error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Trav
    09-03-10 01:07 PM
    What windows application to you have? I have Vista and no issues. It may not be compatible with XP. I don't know. If you continue having problems try. to re-install the new DM. It is working fine for me like I said. If you keep getting errors after trying to install again then downgrade back to previous version

Hope this helps out a little

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 01:22 PM
    I've got Windows XP pro....SP3 installed.....32 Bit processor......Syncing with Outlook 2003

I did the uninstall and reinstalled the software, but still getting the same error.

I hate to have to go back to an earlier versions of DM, but sounds like that's my only option.

Thanks for trying.
    09-03-10 03:12 PM
    Clear the browser cache and try to backup again...

09-04-10 11:13 AM
    I had an issue with the device switch wizard last night, it wouldn't recognize that I had plugged in my new BB, I ended up using my brother's mac
    09-04-10 05:36 PM
    Clear the browser cache and try to backup again...

Thanks for the idea, but still didn't work.....I might just have to go back to an earlier version.
    09-07-10 04:26 PM
    I am using XP SP3 and it works just fine backing up my 9650
    09-07-10 05:26 PM
    Same issue here, I even tried the latest DM version and it starts backing up and then just stops midway, almost like a lock-up. It's frustrating because I like to keep my stuff backed up. Arggg
    12-17-10 09:00 AM
    I have the same issue on my Storm 9530. About 1 time out of 10, the backup will complete successfully, with the progress bar going from nothing to full twice. The other 9 times out of 10, I get the error message about "problems communicating with the device" after the progress bar has gone from nothing to full once. Since it always fails at the same point, and the occasional successful backup is made with the same cable as the unsuccessful backups, I think that it is probably a timeout issue, rather than a hardware issue. This problem has persisted through several revisions of the desktop software, and two revisions of the on-phone software. Between the backup problems, and having to reboot my phone five or six times a day due to it running out of memory due to memory leaks, I have decided that my next phone will run Android, not be a BlackBerry.
    12-19-10 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD